William Hill Scottish Cup 2016/2017

newcastle broon

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 16:11, HibeeJibee said:

Watching highlights of Dalbeattie v Wick here. What is it that gets the Dalbeattie lad a straight red card on 1:35?

Sat here feeling like I've gone daft and missed something obvious.

The red card was allegedly for raising his studs, the decision completely baffled everyone and probably cost the Star any chance of making a comeback. Cheers Ref. Mind you the video footage doesn't really show it was a howling gale and torrential rain which looked like a played a part in the sending off

27 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

No disrespect to Tarzan but we are a whole different set-up now, we dot the T's & cross our eyes now.

Grimbo

I believe Huntly beat youse in a friendly last year or thereaboots. However Lothian massacred them last season and I don't think they're any better now.

Just now, The Mantis said:

I believe Huntly beat youse in a friendly last year or thereaboots. However Lothian massacred them last season and I don't think they're any better now.

Cheers Mantis but I'd erased that from my memory banks. Pre-season friendlies who cares, massive Big Cup run for us me thinks, or maybe we will concentrate on the League?

Grimbo

2 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Cheers Mantis but I'd erased that from my memory banks. Pre-season friendlies who cares, massive Big Cup run for us me thinks, or maybe we will concentrate on the League?

Grimbo

Calm doon Grimbo, I was just trying to say youse should win that :lol:

On 26/09/2016 at 18:40, stumpy said:

anyone any info on Bsc Glasgow?? all i know is they play at alloa lol are they any good?

I'd make Beith the favourites - got a decent side at the moment that are capable of playing nice football at times, though very much behind the likes of EK, Cumbernauld, Spartans and the Shire. Should be a decent contest!

Brilliant that so many teams made it through to the next round, the further they get the more exposure the club and the league itself gets. Which in the long run will improve the league. Surely Spartans must feel confident of getting through? But apart from Hawick/Civil and Stirling Uni I'd say all the teams have a decent chance of progressing, here's hoping anyway

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

Brilliant that so many teams made it through to the next round, the further they get the more exposure the club and the league itself gets. Which in the long run will improve the league. Surely Spartans must feel confident of getting through? But apart from Hawick/Civil and Stirling Uni I'd say all the teams have a decent chance of progressing, here's hoping anyway

I actually think few of us will get through this round sadly.

On 26/09/2016 at 19:44, The Mantis said:

Huntly: a village club who were top dogs in their League over a decade ago under a legendary manager, now midtable also rans. 

naw, can't think of any Lowland League paralells there.. ;)

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Huntly: a village club who were top dogs in their League over a decade ago under a legendary manager, now midtable also rans. 

Ha ha....

Aye just you continue being a tory and drink in the salmon, as the man said a food/bistro type bar ;):D

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You should have edited your speling as well as the gramir...

On 26/09/2016 at 19:38, Sermani said:

The red card was allegedly for raising his studs, the decision completely baffled everyone and probably cost the Star any chance of making a comeback. Cheers Ref. Mind you the video footage doesn't really show it was a howling gale and torrential rain which looked like a played a part in the sending off

Dalbeattie Star have been successful with their appeal. Based on the footage it looks a ridiculous red card, dunno what the ref saw that no one else did.

Does anyone know the name of the Hawick Royal Albert scorer from their Scottish Cup game v Civil Service Strollers game Saturday past ? It's the only goalscorer I'm missing from last weekend ? Would be nice to know who made those Hawick fans happy !

2 hours ago, Dead said:

Does anyone know the name of the Hawick Royal Albert scorer from their Scottish Cup game v Civil Service Strollers game Saturday past ? It's the only goalscorer I'm missing from last weekend ? Would be nice to know who made those Hawick fans happy !

It was substitute Jon McInally with a free-kick on 73 minutes

Archived