Irn Bru Cup Round 4

LoonsYouthTeam

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Anyway, Irn-Bru Cup anyone?

If Queen's Park get drawn at home will they play it at Airdrie or somewhere? 

Good point. Hadnt thought of that. Could possibly play at Hampden on the Sunday. If they can play semi finals on successive weekend days then presumably it could turn around the relatively small area required for a QP game.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Anyway, Irn-Bru Cup anyone?

If Queen's Park get drawn at home will they play it at Airdrie or somewhere? 

Sunday at Hampden hopefully. I will shed genuine salty tears if we ever play another home game at Airdrie.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Good point. Hadnt thought of that.

Clearly the SPFL didn't give it too much thought either.

Pitch is in great nick at the moment. Sunday fixture wouldn't be a problem. I don't expect the goal areas to get much stress on the Saturday. ;)

What's the chances we get a home tie against Hibs (sorry Turriff fans) and it's a teatime kick-off?

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Indeed!

What the f**k is going on with St Mirren? Going by the goalscorers I thought they had a strong team out today. Their league campaign has hardly got off to a flyer either (until they play us likely <_>

f**k knows. Not actually managed to get to a game this season yet(probably a good thing). But it appears we've got good attacking players, but a non existent midfield and bombscare of a defence(especially when Langfield plays, he was at fault for at least 2 of the goals today apparently). Any decent striker will have a field day against our defence

2 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

f**k knows. Not actually managed to get to a game this season yet(probably a good thing). But it appears we've got good attacking players, but a non existent midfield and bombscare of a defence(especially when Langfield plays, he was at fault for at least 2 of the goals today apparently). Any decent striker will have a field day against our defence

I see big Ben Gordon hasnt played a single game yet, which is surprising if the defence is ropey.

Ideally TNS away on the Saturday. A night in Chester then I fly out to Slovakia from Manchester on the Sunday afternoon. Second preference would be a crusaders/Linfield away. Night in Belfast, quick flight to Manchester Sunday morning.

ETA... 3rd choice, Stranraer away.

How is this draw going to work?

Had a look at Bala Town's website and they are stating that there are 4 pots, as follows:

Pot 1 - Linfield & Crusaders

Pot 2 - Bala Town & The New Saints

None of the above 4 teams can play each other in round 4

Pot 3 (North) - St Mirren, Alloa, Dunfermline, Dundee United, Falkirk & Forfar

Pot 3 (South) - Livingston, QOS, Queen's Park, Hibs, Stranraer & Ayr

A bit surprised that there are north and south sections, given that (presumably) any of us could be drawn away in Wales or NI.

I'm guessing (always dangerous with Scottish Football arrangements) that they will draw a Pot 1 or 2 club first v any Pot 3 club and then reverse that. Then same again. Then remaining Scottish clubs are split into separate pots and drawn regionally?

Archived