Irn Bru Cup Round 4

LoonsYouthTeam

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Except we're playing in navy blue this year. Sorry. You could always pretend we come from Raith though?:)

I've gone right off Queens Park now. Blue is the colour of minks like Raith, Falkirk, Cowdenbeath and RangersII. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I've gone right off Queens Park now. Blue is the colour of minks like Raytheon, Falkirk, Cowdenbeath and RangersII. 

And also our National team. Because the very first international was played with Scotland's players entirely chosen from QP, who played in Navy at the time. They brought their own strips. Hence, the National team's colours today. Sadly, they're almost as pish as we are too.

Just now, Bring Your Own Socks said:

And also our National team. Because the very first international was played with Scotland's players entirely chosen from QP, who played in Navy at the time. They brought their own strips. Hence, the National team's colours today. Sadly, they're almost as pish as we are too.

Thought thought it must be something like that. Scotland should ditch that pish and play in black and white like all the best teams, like Juventus, Dunfermline, Ayr and Queens Park.

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Imagine we had never changed to tangerine in the 60s. What a monochromatic streak you would be on.

I knew there was something wrong about you lot. I have a VHS of Dunfermline's glory years and it appears everyone played in black and white and the ref wore a suit. 

16 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Can't remember us playing QP before. Looking forward to it, make a change from the league and hoping to see Higgy and Moffat get a run out. Hope we don't play Hutton in goals.

At least 30 years ago. We had a spell late seventies, early eighties where we played regularly but nothing since mid-eighties. 

You can play Alan Hutton in goals and we'll still not score:( 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We did play a League Cup game back in 99 at EEP. 4-0 win for the mighty Pars.

Fair play to anyone excited by this tie though. Would have had to consider ending my self-imposed boycott if it had been at Hampden.

Well spotted. Suspect the result will be similar. Most QP fans would just be content with our team scoring at the moment. The boys will work hard as always but unless Pars have a really bad day there'll be no shock result here. Looking forward to the day out though.

Pars have a pretty formidable record against part timers under AJ (100% in cups?). There's always decent attackers to thrown on late in the game. Queens need to just make it a total shitfest and maybe do us 0-1. 

Archived