Beith v Talbot Part 2

Blackie Gold

Really enjoyed the match a great £6 spent. Unfortunately didn't get a chicken an haggis pie. Felt we were under the cosh in the second half and was delighted coming away from Bellsdale with a draw. This thread has turned into a complete clusterf@ck with the jibes about the miners. The mob who were singing about the pits and Maggie Thatcher no doubt know very little about Beith's local history because there was a thriving mining industry in and around Beith. As for the Kilbirnie poster who took so much time and effort to upload a Middle of the Road song here's a wee bit Kilbirnie history. The last death in Ayrshire from smallpox was in your lovely village, I hope you have it under control before we meet you in the Ardagh final.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3 September 2016 at 17:44, kenny131 said:

Nah goodie  Talbot had a shite turnout FACT.  Your support is dwindling get over it

Here is a post from a neutral way back to the 2-2 draw in May. A midweek where the Talbot support turned out.

Unlucky for Beith not to take the win but for the last 30 minutes they were under some real pressure and insisted on hoofball out the park. It eventually took its toll and a bad back pass was picked up by the auchinleck striker who was one on one with the keeper to equalise. 

Beith keeper had a good game with an absolutely brilliant save tipping the ball onto the crossbar in the first half. Other standout for beith was their number 2 right back.

The ref was pretty rubbish but I've seen a lot worse and I don't think his decisions affected the result too much. 

Overall a good game to watch and impressed with the amount of Talbot fans who turned up.

Have to say it's all perception. Did think it funny when 50 Beith fans sung "what a shity home support" at the return game. No doubt all clubs suffer from the stay at home fan scenario. However I still say there will likely not be a bigger away support at your wee ground this season. Good result against the Highlanders, good luck in the next round. 

Here is a post from a neutral way back to the 2-2 draw in May. A midweek where the Talbot support turned out.

Unlucky for Beith not to take the win but for the last 30 minutes they were under some real pressure and insisted on hoofball out the park. It eventually took its toll and a bad back pass was picked up by the auchinleck striker who was one on one with the keeper to equalise. 

Beith keeper had a good game with an absolutely brilliant save tipping the ball onto the crossbar in the first half. Other standout for beith was their number 2 right back.

The ref was pretty rubbish but I've seen a lot worse and I don't think his decisions affected the result too much. 

Overall a good game to watch and impressed with the amount of Talbot fans who turned up.

0 Have to say it's all perception. Did think it funny when 50 Beith fans sung "what a shity home support" at the return game. No doubt all clubs suffer from the stay at home fan scenario. However I still say there will likely not be a bigger away support at your wee ground this season. Good result against the Highlanders, good luck in the next round. 

most supports are dwindling and the reasons for this have been done to death on here.

That post was put on by Kenny when he was at the height of his manic mentalism[emoji23]. He has calmed down since then.

31 minutes ago, Talbot Bing said:

That post was put on by Kenny when he was at the height of his manic mentalismemoji23.png. He has calmed down since then.

Aye, read some of the other posts he was involved in after I posted, wondered if it was worth the bother responding after that. The irony of anyone from the West of Scotland championing Thatcher as a wind up to others from the West of Scotland due to destroying a community is as crass as it is ludicrous. The daft neds singing her praises at the first match is one thing, where the engagement of the brain was missed due to there not being one evident, it was a clear illustration of moronic vitriolic buffoonery. But to then requote the line on a football forum in the cold light of day, without a glimmer of irony. Never mind, perhaps one day the penny will drop! 

Archived