Scotland v Lithuania

Johan Cruyff

Saturday night kick off is a novel time, but sure as hell beats any of the other UEFA week of football kick off times.

For us, it is ideal, as we are flying out of Manchester the next morning to Slovakia. So head down to Glasgow in leisurely time, get a few drinks in the city centre, head out to the game. After the game my brother is driving us to Manchester for our flight to Bratislava the next morning. Lovely.

I will say one thing about the Week of Football, it produces some rotten kick off times, but I've also enjoyed it from my armchair watching the different games. Was home from Malta yesterday lunchtime and watched two decent games between Georgia and Austria then Serbia v Eire. Hoping to catch Sweden v the Netherlands tonight.

I really don't think the timing of the game is that bad in comparison with some teams who are lumped with Monday kick-offs etc. I'd expect over 40,000, particularly since we haven't yet catastrophically ruled ourselves out of the running for Russia.

If the SFA price the tickets @£25 I think they could go close to a sell out.

Same line up as last time but with Griffiths in for Chris Martin would be spot on. Start Snoddy just behind him with Burke and Ritchie on either wing. Hope to f**k he doesn't tinker with it and ends up starting Forrest or McKay.

Would also fit in McArthur for either Fletcher or Bannan, depending on what he wants from the midfield. 

3 minutes ago, conley said:

Bannan should be a nailed on starter for the Lithuania game. He has a great range of passing and will always be looking to get on the ball.

Sheffield Wednesday guys love him.

He was brilliant v Malta. Can't believe I've seen a few folk saying he was crap! If anyone was crap in that area of the field it was Darren Fletcher.

I rate McArthur highly. To the point I think he's our best overall central midfielder so I would always want him included.

Archived