Pick'em 2016 Prediction League

Reluctant Hero

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Eoin said:

Ive went 16/16 in my straight up pickem league, never to be repeated

Nice one!  Do you get some sort of prize from ESPN for that?  Not sure if they do weekly prizes?  But you are right in the hunt for the overall prize.

A high scoring week all round in our league.  I thought I was doing well with 9, but that was nowhere near top predictor G Crumpton who got 13, followed by Strichener who got 12.  Bully Wee Villa Bears and DPN1 both scored 11, while 6 people scored 10.  Including Steelmen :)  The streak is over!

SuperA has maintained a 3 point lead at the top with 5 weeks to go.

I am going to stick my neck on the line and make a bold prediction – the 49ers vs Bears game will not be a classic!

• 2 weeks later...

Thought that was a pretty tough week, but there seemed to be a lot of good scores.

The Lichtie Giants were top scorers with 11 with 5 others on 10.

SuperA has increased the lead at the top to 5 points with 4 weeks to go. 

Cracker of a game to kick off Week 14.  I am hoping for a tie!  Mon the Broncos :)

SuperA is still top of the league, but the pressure is hotting up!  The lead has been slashed from 5 points to just 2, with 3 weeks to go.

I shared the top score this week with Mon The South, both of us getting 12.  The Lichtie Giants got 11 and there was a load of people on 10.

Our league is ranked 1,627 which I think is still pretty respectable!

Remember there is a Saturday game this week as well as a Thursday game.

• 2 weeks later...

DPN1 was top scorer last week with 11 – good going!

There were 4 people on 10 including Super A who increased their lead at the top of the table to 3 weeks.

Our league has surged up the rankings as well, moving up to 551 in the world

Only 2 weeks to go.  The schedules are a bit mixed up over the next 2 weeks, so games may not start at the regular times.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas :)

Entering the final week, SuperA leads the league by an almost unassailable 5 points.

Top scorer in Week 16 was bwalsh67 with 11.  Congrats mate!

One behind that was Scotty Boy and DPN1 with 10.

I can’t believe it is the final week already.  Almost as unbelievable as the Raiders being in contention to win the AFC West.  2016 has indeed been a crazy year!

Good luck everbody :)

Congratulations to SuperA, our winner of the 2016 Pie & Bovril Pick‘em League.  SuperA took the lead after Week 6 and never looked back!  If I am interpreting the percentage thing correctly, you finished in the top 2% worldwide.  Awesome performance mate.

This week was a tough week with a top score of 9 from Mon The South, the Hossdog and the Lichtie Giants.  I was bottom of the pile with 3 this week lol.

Our league finished 1,304 overall. Our league average points were 123.5 compared to a worldwide average of 61.  Pretty good I would say.

Thanks to everyone for playing this year.  It has been another brilliant year and I can’t believe it is over already.

See y’all next year!

47 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Well done. Did you make any money with your picks at the bookies?

Week 1 i did, had a couple of loses then never really put anything else on after about week 5.

Archived