Accounts being closed and bets being refused

fanny paddery

I notice what appears to be increasing mention of people having accounts being restricted or closed.

Out here, Racing Victoria (which governs all horse racing in Melbourne) has announced a new set of rules from 1st of October.

As part of the framework, an approved bookmaker must not do any act or refuse to do any act to avoid complying with the bet limits, including but not limited to:

• Refusing to accept a fixed odds bet

• Closing a person’s account

• Refusing to open a person’s account

• Placing any restrictions on a person’s account in relation to Victorian thoroughbred racing product

• Refusing to lay fixed odds to any person when those fixed odds are publicly displayed

• Laying lesser odds to a person than those publicly displayed

• Any other act or refusal to do an act in order to avoid these provisions

This mirrors laws in New South Wales. I wonder whether people think there is any scope for such laws being brought in in the UK?

12 minutes ago, fanny paddery said:

I notice what appears to be increasing mention of people having accounts being restricted or closed.

Out here, Racing Victoria (which governs all horse racing in Melbourne) has announced a new set of rules from 1st of October.

As part of the framework, an approved bookmaker must not do any act or refuse to do any act to avoid complying with the bet limits, including but not limited to:

• Refusing to accept a fixed odds bet

• Closing a person’s account

• Refusing to open a person’s account

• Placing any restrictions on a person’s account in relation to Victorian thoroughbred racing product

• Refusing to lay fixed odds to any person when those fixed odds are publicly displayed

• Laying lesser odds to a person than those publicly displayed

• Any other act or refusal to do an act in order to avoid these provisions

This mirrors laws in New South Wales. I wonder whether people think there is any scope for such laws being brought in in the UK?

Would doubt it, our Government couldn't give the slightest whiff of a shite about Joe Public against big business.

I have several accounts restricted/promo banned or outright closed.  Been matched betting a while and am obviously no longer profitable to the big chains.

For the recreational punter, the betting exchanges offer the best value around, and you'll never be refused a bet there.

Archived