Cumbernauld and Kilsyth under 19's

markmu66

Cumbernauld and Kilsyth have decided for some bizarre reason to have two leagues at under 19 level, which isn't very bizarre I hear you say until you realise that the leagues were not determined by placings in respective league cup sections as most age groups seem to do, but by the infinitely more accurate means of drawing them out of a hat!! Hamilton Accies seem to have been 'very lucky' in the draw, whereas Clydebank, Cumbernauld Colts and Coltswood Athletic, who are all drawn together seem to have the raw end of the deal. Conspiracy theorists amongst us will have a field day with this one! Opinions anyone?

Are the 2 leagues ment to be the stronger teams in the "A" league and weaker teams in "Division 1".......I see Moorlands are in the Div 1 team and I always thought they were decent.

Excuse my ignorance as I have lost touch with the 1998 teams in the last few years but I did here the Glasgow league for that age group had folded and fair play to the cumbernauld league for taking all the teams in .

Anyhow its always been the Scottish Cup thats the biggy for teams to win  

The reason for to  leagues is because up to the week or so before the season started there was only 14 teams now I think there is about 21 teams so therefore split into 2 leagues I wouldn't say clydebank and colts wood and cumbernauld colts got any short straw when you see the other league has hamilton, steins, harmony row moorlands , Campsie cumbernauld utd all very good teams in there own right think it will be very competitive this season for both leagues which can only be good thing and that's not being disrespectful to the other teams as I can only comment on teams I've seen last season and this season respectively 

We weren't very particularly happy about it initially and still not pleased with setup overall but five games into division 1 it does seem to be fairly even in there so far. Shame it's not a simple title to chase though as I feel it's totally cheapened the whole competition

Well so much for our league being weaker when it has all the good 98s teams and as the teams in the so called stronger league have never been beaten  us 4-1 by any of them unlike this season it should be us complaining about how unfair the league split league A is full of mostly 99s teams FACT . But that is the draw and we need to just get on with that and deal with the situation J Rowan coach at Hamilton Accies

• 2 weeks later...

Unsure why we didn't have the sections again to help determine who goes into which league. There has been some big score lines already in both leagues - that's what made last season so interesting was the teams were very close anyone could beat anyone. 

Few good teams in both leagues looks like between only 3 in our division already...Moorlands should be the strongest in both given their experience and success last year. 

• 3 weeks later...

Cumbernauld and Kilsyth league has always been a poorly run league! Played all my youth football in the league, won the 'B' division then because finished 3rd in the group had to play in the 'B' league again while a team who finished 3rd from bottom had a good run in the group and made it to the 'A' league. The groups at the start are pointless

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can remember too a few years before when my dad ran Lenzie 94s, my brother played for them, they finished top of the league by 9points. Baillieston were 2nd but the league then decided there had to be a play off between Lenzie and Baillieston which the latter won on the day then were crowned champions. Very unfair

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The 19s age is a difficult one. Respect to all the teams that see it through. The quality on offer at this age group is fantastic. Moorlands no doubt have been catching everyones eyes with their results. Having already had a year at 19s will be beneficial. Both leagues have good sides in them. As for conspiracies thats just laughable. Or is it [emoji6]

• 2 weeks later...

An all C&K quarter final Pollok vs Clydebank next sunday for a place in the semi finals - really looking forward to it. 

Fantastic result for Airdrie knocking out Moorlands who had won every game so far this season in all comps. Hillwood & Harmony Row/Beith making up the last 4. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 21:02, kpac said:

A few teams have folded now because of the set up. Shame

I'm sorry but What  a lot of crock - No teams have folded because of the set up.

The age of the boys football determines it. With the u19s - most teams, the boys are 17 years old and this is an age where they really get interested in other things, girls, drink, cars etc... and they don't bother with the football as much. Seafar packed it in for that exact reason, boys packing the football in or not turning up at games (FACT) and a few others did the same and I know two teams still playing in the cumby league who informed me that they expect that they wont be operating next year at u19 again because most boys are not interested.  There are quite a few teams who mainly have u18 players so I expect a few of these teams to be very strong next year and not just in the league but in the regional and Scottish cups

See all these guys who talk about conspiracies, you seriously need to get a  grip.
It sounds as if your jealous and more interested in trying to win a trophy than the development of the youth for them to become better players.
Great if you win trophies this year but it is way better to know that boys whom you have coached go on to make it at a high level in football.
If your in a hard division, deal with it and teach the kids to develop their skill-set and deal with whatever the opponent team throws at them. Trust me when I say that every youth will be involved in a game where they are up against it with either bad refereeing, teammates suspended or playing against a better team. These situations are the things that makes those player either excel in that hard environment n become better players or hide in the shadows

Archived