East Kilbride v East Stirlingshire

forrie_1

From a shire point of view we're going into the biggest of the season so far. Two teams I HOPE will attack like recent weeks and not sit back. The goals for speak for themselves in that league table.

Another ground ticked off aswell for us shire fans, is it easy to get too from the m8 ?

Score wise I'm going 3-2 shire

Thoughts folks ?

You would hope this game could attract a decent crowd with the SPFL games off because of Scotland playing on Sunday?

"Challenge cup" is on this Saturday but yes you would like to think so

cheap prices to get in too well done to EK

19 minutes ago, forrie_1 said:

"Challenge cup" is on this Saturday but yes you would like to think so

cheap prices to get in too well done to EK

Have I missed something have they dropped the price to get in ? 

Decent game but the Shire must really keep it tight or will take nowt from this game.

EK only conceded for the 1st time on Saturday whereas shire leaking goals left right and centre. 

Hopefully decent game attracting a few neutrals though I'm certain the capacity is set at 500 so get there early for best views. 

Have I missed something have they dropped the price to get in ? 

Decent game but the Shire must really keep it tight or will take nowt from this game.

EK only conceded for the 1st time on Saturday whereas shire leaking goals left right and centre. 

Hopefully decent game attracting a few neutrals though I'm certain the capacity is set at 500 so get there early for best views. 

Apart from Whitehill (who were nowhere near as good as the team we played a few years ago) who have EK actually played? The Shire are in this league for a reason but from what I've seen its a really poor standard.

2 hours ago, luggy said:

Apart from Whitehill (who were nowhere near as good as the team we played a few years ago) who have EK actually played? The Shire are in this league for a reason but from what I've seen its a really poor standard.

I think you're right, the LL is a fair drop down and also there's not great depth in the league. However I could ask you the same question - who have you played? Whitehill have been cutting budgets heavily, we were 8th last year, lowest place since Jesus was a boy, and apart from us you've only played the two new entrants. Whitehill have taken 6 or 7 off both these clubs in the recent past.

I still think it's between yourselves and EK with Spartans possibly in it too, but no way are you going to be picking up 3 points every week and scoring 4 or 5.

7 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I think you're right, the LL is a fair drop down and also there's not great depth in the league. However Whitehill have been cutting budgets heavily and apart from us you've only played the two new entrants. Whitehill have taken 6 or 7 off both these clubs in the recent past.

I still think it's between yourselves and EK with Spartans possibly in it too, but no way are you going to be picking up 3 points every week and scoring 4 or 5.

And that's  no counting scraping a 2-2 home draw against the Vale,which going by the patronising of the post might just have cost them the league ;)

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

And that's  no counting scraping a 2-2 home draw against the Vale,which going by the patronising of the post might just have cost them the league ;)

Oh aye, forgot the Vale. They've no been strong for a while. 13th last year, above Preston & Threave.

And that's  no counting scraping a 2-2 home draw against the Vale,which going by the patronising of the post might just have cost them the league [emoji6]

Buddy I'm not being patronising I'm just surprised that losing three game could cost you the league especially after having spent years hearing about all these ambitious teams waiting to take our place in the league. For the record if the shire don't strengthen in defence ASAP we have no chance of going straight back up.

If East Stirlingshire concentrate more on trying to contain East Kilbride's style of game, they will lose. They should concentrate on what style works for them best & play accordingly - if they don't give EK a break all match they won't have to worry about "the EK way" of winning.

Only holds 650 but possible.

Current record (IIRC) is 530 for the New Year game Spartans v Edinburgh City last season.

Hopefully EK issue an actual figure.

These were the 'Groundhop' crowds, none exceeded 500. Also recall reading of several 300+ (and maybe more than that) for Gala v Selkirk derbies, but doubt over 500.

Fri evening - EK v Whitehill, 491
Sat lunchtime - Vale v Preston, 312
Sat afternoon - Selkirk v Spartans, 281
Sat dinnertime - Gala v Stirling, 323
Sun lunchtime - Dalbeattie v Edin City, 400
Sun afternoon - Threave v Edin Univ, 462

Friday evening - Gretna v Dalbeattie, 366
Saturday lunchtime - Whitehill v Gala, 324
Saturday afternoon - Preston v Threave, postponed
Saturday dinnertime - Spartans v Stirling Uni, 435
Saturday evening - Edinburgh City v East Kilbride, 418
Sunday afternoon - Edinburgh University v Selkirk, 294

Edinburgh City posted no higher LL crowds in their title-winning seasons, so that 530 stands for me unless disproven.

Archived