Falkirk v Elgin

Gallacher omitted from the 20's squad last night near enough confirms houstons comment on Monday that he will feature on Saturday. Craigen, shepherd and Austin all playing last night as well so Saturday's squad and starting 11 can be anyone's guess. Surely Austin will get a start in this game and scoring again last night can only help his cause.

On 31 August 2016 at 18:26, Marshmallo said:

It should be our strongest possible team to try and build up momentum and give players another game to get used to being on the pitch together.

I agree with this to be honest but would also like to see Austin get more game time. Maybe last half hour.

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 06:35, Crawford Baptie said:

Hoping to see a couple of new faces added to the starting 11 this week. Gallagher at left back the only guarantee.

Suspect Rankin will start at the expense of Kerr. I'd have Henderson in there beside him.

Henderson looked decent against Swansea and I reckon Mehmet will play as well.

Just the 3 changes from last week. Deniz in goals, Tony Gallagher in at left-back and Watson in for Gasparotto.

With no 'keeper named on the bench I wonder if Leahy would be considered as our back-up today. Was he not our sub 'keeper away to Raith a few years ago when McGovern was on international duty? I'm sure it was him that had the gloves on at half time anyway.

Just the 3 changes from last week. Deniz in goals, Tony Gallagher in at left-back and Watson in for Gasparotto.

With no 'keeper named on the bench I wonder if Leahy would be considered as our back-up today. Was he not our sub 'keeper away to Raith a few years ago when McGovern was on international duty? I'm sure it was him that had the gloves on at half time anyway.

I think your right yeah.

Well that was as comfortable as I've seen us in ages.  Could have been 8 or 9.  Only poor points were Sibbald's marking for their goal and Rankin when he came on - and Austin not getting a game.  

Great to see both strikers getting goals though, with Bairds first and McHughs second really well taken.

Entertaining ninety minutes. Didn't think Falkirk played particularly well to get to 3-1, but they then began to play some good stuff and looked like they might score everytime they got forward in the last thirty minutes or so against an Elgin defence which was having a very bad day at the office.

Elgin played some neat football.

Overall a good win today and 6-1 was a fair reflection of the game. Thought Baird had a good game and I'm delighted he got a couple goals today, could see the weight lifting off his shoulders

I felt once we went 1-0 we sat back and contained the game for a period instead of pushing on but I'd say that was a confidence thing rather than tactical. Once it got to 3-1 we looked much sharper and things began to click. Elgin were tidy and full credit to the lad who scored their goal, touch of class.

Gallagher has a good debut and I thought Rankin actually looked not too bad when he came on but by that stage wasn't really tested

Archived