US Open Tennis

lichtie23

Murray can only miss one Masters. He skipped Toronto to play the Olympics. Djokovic skipped Cinci to play the Olympics.

There isn't a lot he could have done to be honest. He'd have to invent an injury to have skipped Cinci.

Next year he'll probably not play Monte Carlo and they're won't be an Olympics obviously.

Plus next year he will qualify for two exemptions from Masters. I think his schedule for the rest of the year is Beijing, Shanghai, Paris and WTF. I think he still needs a 500 event to complete his commitment contract. He currently has a 0 for skipping Basel last year.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Murray can only miss one Masters. He skipped Toronto to play the Olympics. Djokovic skipped Cinci to play the Olympics.

There isn't a lot he could have done to be honest. He'd have to invent an injury to have skipped Cinci.

Next year he'll probably not play Monte Carlo and they're won't be an Olympics obviously.

Plus next year he will qualify for two exemptions from Masters. I think his schedule for the rest of the year is Beijing, Shanghai, Paris and WTF. I think he still needs a 500 event to complete his commitment contract. He currently has a 0 for skipping Basel last year.

Think he might be playing at Vienna, although I've not seen anything concrete.

4 hours ago, Loki said:

What would be the penalty if he missed a Masters event?

That was certainly the schedule for the rest of the year that the BBC reported last week, and obviously the Davis Cup could add to that.

You get points penalties and fines. So as Masters events are mandatories one of your events will have 0 points. Your ranking points are from 16 competitions.

He is allowed one exemption so another event takes place of Toronto. In this case the non mandatory Monte Carlo masters

• 11 months later...

Archived