US Open Tennis

lichtie23

Kicks off at Flushing Meadow this afternoon. Andy Murray not in action today but Johanna Konta plays on Grandstand against yank Bethanie Mattek-Sands. Kyle Edmund also in action today against 13 seed Richard Gasquet. That match is first on court 5.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kicks off at Flushing Meadow this afternoon. Andy Murray not in action today but Johanna Konta plays on Grandstand against yank Bethanie Mattek-Sands. Kyle Edmund also in action today against 13 seed Richard Gasquet. That match is first on court 5.

Edmund's match starts at 4pm, Lord knows when Konta will start as she is the last match due on.

I've noticed that Eurosport will be getting the French open rights soon too, as well as the Winter Olympics from 2018 and summer olympics from 2024. I had thought things like the Olympics had to be free to air. Got to be a bad thing for UK sport for it to go to a relatively obscure channel. Their Tv player gets terrible reviews so not sure whether to take out a Eurosport subscription or not. That alongside paying for the BT and Sky Sports apps will get expensive.

I've noticed that Eurosport will be getting the French open rights soon too, as well as the Winter Olympics from 2018 and summer olympics from 2024. I had thought things like the Olympics had to be free to air. Got to be a bad thing for UK sport for it to go to a relatively obscure channel. Their Tv player gets terrible reviews so not sure whether to take out a Eurosport subscription or not. That alongside paying for the BT and Sky Sports apps will get expensive.

Eurosport have always had the French Open

Going to be exclusively Eurosport from 2018. From then onwards Eurosport will exclusively have US, Australian and the French open. £6.99 a month is fairly reasonable I suppose but I think I liked it more when they only had exclusive rights to obscure sports.

Going to be exclusively Eurosport from 2018. From then onwards Eurosport will exclusively have US, Australian and the French open. £6.99 a month is fairly reasonable I suppose but I think I liked it more when they only had exclusive rights to obscure sports.

Such as the winter biathlon and Dakar rally

25 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

£6.99 a month is not bad if they have all those sports, but I'm pretty sure it comes as standard with the entertainment package on Sky and Virgin...hopefully this doesn't change in the next few years. No idea about other providers though.

Archived