Using the editor

I was just wondering if anyone else routinely used the editor before starting a game and if so, what do you edit?

I'm certainly not one for giving myself extra money or the like but usually make a few edits. At this time of year, I'll update the transfers the team I intend to play as have made.

Something slightly more controversial is that when starting as a smaller team I'll edit the potential capacity of the stadium. I had a game a few years ago with Stenhousemuir where after about 15 seasons I was routinely in the top 3 of the Premier League but my stadium was capped at something like 5k and the club would not build a new one due to finances. It really soiled my enjoyment of the game

The only thing I've ever really edited is that I've sometimes gone on the editor and released 95% of a lower league side's squad as I fancy putting together a team from scratch with trialists and the like. 

A couple of times I've changed the youth system so it's going to give me three or four half decent players.

The only time I've used the in-game editor is because my brother and I had a really enjoyable two player on the go as Arbroath/Elgin and at the end of the season, despite missing out on promotion through penalties, my board went mental and decided we should bravely fight relegation, whilst our club reputation meant that EVERYONE I scouted ended up being five stars when they'd been half a star the week before. Obviously a bit of a glitch but changing the club reputation a wee bit fixed it.

The only thing I've ever really edited is that I've sometimes gone on the editor and released 95% of a lower league side's squad as I fancy putting together a team from scratch with trialists and the like. 

A couple of times I've changed the youth system so it's going to give me three or four half decent players.

The only time I've used the in-game editor is because my brother and I had a really enjoyable two player on the go as Arbroath/Elgin and at the end of the season, despite missing out on promotion through penalties, my board went mental and decided we should bravely fight relegation, whilst our club reputation meant that EVERYONE I scouted ended up being five stars when they'd been half a star the week before. Obviously a bit of a glitch but changing the club reputation a wee bit fixed it.

In a bit of a cheat, I once gave Stenhousemuir 20/20 youth facilities and 20/20 youth recruitment but after a month it was obvious it would cost silly money a season and bankrupt me long before any benefits could be reaped

• 3 weeks later...

I add legends(of my own describing) back in make them 16 and at there first clubs (Roberto Baggio at Vicenza) I always make them -10 or 200 potential. It is usually guys from WC 94 or actual legends I put in so I end up with guys like Roger Milla, Marco Etcheverry & Carlos Valderrama who end up excellent, despite the fact they were very good at best!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2016 at 19:41, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I was just wondering if anyone else routinely used the editor before starting a game and if so, what do you edit?

I'm certainly not one for giving myself extra money or the like but usually make a few edits. At this time of year, I'll update the transfers the team I intend to play as have made.

Something slightly more controversial is that when starting as a smaller team I'll edit the potential capacity of the stadium. I had a game a few years ago with Stenhousemuir where after about 15 seasons I was routinely in the top 3 of the Premier League but my stadium was capped at something like 5k and the club would not build a new one due to finances. It really soiled my enjoyment of the game

Potential capacity is definitely something I edit as St. Mirren. The potential capacity is 10,000 at the moment but given the space, size of stands and area the ground is in, it could feasibly be expanded on pretty massively.

Archived