Stranraer v Bloo Toon

Since our club forum is down, I will post my prediction here:

Stranraer 2 Peterhead 0

Historically we have struggled with the trip down and I can see no reason why it will be any different this week, especially with the way we are playing at the moment

Game of two halves perfectly sums up this one.
Stranraer breezed the first half and it felt like it was only a matter before a second goal game. Malcolm very unlucky not be on the score sheet after hitting the post and the bar.
Second half Peterhead bossed the midfield and were on top for long periods. How they never scored I do not know but not complaining. Gifted two excellent chances from mistakes and missed with no keeper to beat, all be it some good defending from Barron.
Stranraer should of doubled the lead in what seemed like the 20th minute of injury time. Gibson and Kemp both in on the keeper but Kemp lacking the composure to finish the job.
Thought Dick and Barron were excellent today for us. Whole team performed very well first half. Second half we dug and managed to get over the line.
Fingers crossed we kick on from here.

Superb save will be worth the watch of the highlights by belford how he kept that out ill never know

dzenowski Kev the yank was excellent when he came on for us which turned the game in our favour

Disappointed with Peterhead sportsmanship. Mc Allister goes down of the ball up near Stranraer goals, play down at the other end with Stranraer on the attack, ref stops game to give Mc All ister treatment. On resumption instead of sending ball back to our keeper or out of play,he plays the ball forward in attack which results in a corner. Be prepared for this if you play them.

Superb save will be worth the watch of the highlights by belford how he kept that out ill never know

dzenowski Kev the yank was excellent when he came on for us which turned the game in our favour

Thought Macintosh looked pretty handy when he came on. Stranraer struggled to contain him, saying that he come on a time Stranraer were very much on the back foot.

8 hours ago, thomas 62 said:

Disappointed with Peterhead sportsmanship. Mc Allister goes down of the ball up near Stranraer goals, play down at the other end with Stranraer on the attack, ref stops game to give Mc All ister treatment. On resumption instead of sending ball back to our keeper or out of play,he plays the ball forward in attack which results in a corner. Be prepared for this if you play them.

EH?? We had the ball at the time

5 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Stranraer were very lucky to take all 3 points , the fact our keeper got MOM says it all , 

Peterhead certainly had the better of the second half but it is worth remembering Stranraer had the post and crossbar, had two decent penalty shouts and Kemp probably should have scored in the second half. McAllister should have scored after rounding Belford and Belford made a great save to tip McAllister's drive onto the post as well. Other than that, most of Belford's saves were either crosses - under decent pressure - or shots you would expect him to save.

As I say, Peterhead certainly had more of the second half but Stranraer could have scored more than one as well.

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

EH?? We had the ball at the time

Play was stopped to allow treatment to one of your players not for a foul. It is common particle to return the ball to opposition goalie not to treat it like a free kick.

17 minutes ago, thomas 62 said:

Play was stopped to allow treatment to one of your players not for a foul. It is common particle to return the ball to opposition goalie not to treat it like a free kick.

After you lot had punted the ball up to relieve the pressure??I would have had no complaints if you did the same,remember the ref only stopped play after we had knocked the ball along the back line 3 or 4 times before he stopped play and i cant remember any of your players complaining everyone just got on with it quite rightly

Peterhead were perfectly right to get ball as they had comfortable possession at the back. The ref however dropped the ball quickly which allowed peterhead to break and we were all over the place.

Unfortunately the club didnt arrange anybody to do the camera work from high on the mainstand. The usual cameraman was unavailable. I had side cameras and gopros. Plus another of our team had gopros. The chances of us having a gopro at away end are slim though. So highlights will be only stranraer stuff. Sorry peterhead fans.

1 hour ago, Blue1870 said:

Peterhead were perfectly right to get ball as they had comfortable possession at the back. The ref however dropped the ball quickly which allowed peterhead to break and we were all over the place.

Unfortunately the club didnt arrange anybody to do the camera work from high on the mainstand. The usual cameraman was unavailable. I had side cameras and gopros. Plus another of our team had gopros. The chances of us having a gopro at away end are slim though. So highlights will be only stranraer stuff. Sorry peterhead fans.

As long as belfords save is there its all good

11 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Stranraer were very lucky to take all 3 points , the fact our keeper got MOM says it all , 

Same as Stranraer at Airdrie last week,Diamonds keeper was MOM probably shows Stranraer were unlucky,swings and roundabouts old chap.

On 8/27/2016 at 22:58, thomas 62 said:

The sooner this pish is punted, the better.  The number of players going down now, then making a miraculous recovery after they've broken up the play when the ref blows, is getting out of hand.  You see it every week.  How many times now do you see players actually get carted off because they are injured?  Very, very seldom.  Man up!

Archived