Today's scores

Hertha/BJFC1938

1 hour ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Totally agree with you about the quality of referees at the moment.Ref at Hurlford today was a self-centred wee dick! A right wee Hitler who's decisions were laughable at times - for both teams - ,& stopped play whenever he could instead of letting the game flow.Wanted to "have a word" with every player that gave away a free kick.Wouldn't be surprised if he was asking for their phone numbers........

When you described the ref as "a right wee Hitler" somebody sprang immediately to mind so I looked up the referee appointments and lo and behold it was Lloyd Wilson. Seen him do many games in the south of Scotland league as well as Queens youth games and reserve matches, quite a few fans and players down that way refer to him as "little Hitler" lol. Sure he did the Cumnock v Auchinleck game a couple of weeks back and managed to upset both sets of supporters.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Bul2 said:

Thanks Hertha for that report , pretty accurate coverage of events and good to know that my obvious bias didn't cloud my judgement of things.
I went to John Boal and told him that , although giving the Wee fat lines man absolute pelters, particularly in the 1st half when he never flagged when two Beith players were at least 10 yards offside, neither I nor anybody else near me spat on him
He is a liar, plain and simple and the ref list the plot and decided to book every Cumnock player involved in a " tackle" and then decided to start shouting at the fans in the shed

Absolute joke and, unfortunately, becoming a regular occurence

The really strange thing about the assistant referees flag shaking was that beith were in a very good attacking situation and our forward actually stopped playing a bit while homing in on goal as he thought the referee would have stopped the game , it was a great chance for 2-0 and our striker hesitated with a cracking chance and the goalie got the ball. 

I would have thought logically if the assistant referee had took umbrage at a non on field issue then the procedure would have been to let play continue until the balls out of play and then raise his flag and shout the referee over to " deal " with the " incident " that nobody can even relate to .

One league title in the last nine seasons  does not in any way equate with domination.

Well that is a Poor return for a well run financed team old mucker. Surprised by that by the way. However you are well financed so please respect other well less funded teams.

Imo All junior teams deserve a crack at the big Scottish. After all its everyone's cup

2 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

Easy to say from a supporter of a team with money mate.

Lithgae would struggle in the west set up. Be grateful of the backers you have and the league you dominate in.

I don't think money has anything to do with what I said. There are dozens of junior teams who could secure a licence without spending fortunes - your club is one of them. In the south, loads of teams could be in the cup by being in the league structure. If we choose to stay out then we are ranked lower than those who are in it. The LL is tier 5. Junior football isn't. It's clearly ranked below Tier 5. Last year, my team's licence was enough to avoid the qualifying round but this year we're rated lower than all the LL and HL teams. It's up to the SFA how they want to run it. If it was up to me, I'd agree with you and introduce the same system as the English FA Cup where you have as many entrants as meet the minimum standards and you just start the qualifying rounds early. But ... a lot of those clubs have floodlights. In the meantime, the HFL is rated higher but keeps a closed shop - that's completely wrong.

We wouldn't struggle in the west set up - that's nonsense as fine you know. We don't dominate our league as Gogsy has pointed out but we are consistently top 3 or 4 for the most part and certainly the top points accumulators since the Super Leagues started. I'd quite happily see the east and west come together and we'd find out quick enough though.

I don't think money has anything to do with what I said. There are dozens of junior teams who could secure a licence without spending fortunes - your club is one of them. In the south, loads of teams could be in the cup by being in the league structure. If we choose to stay out then we are ranked lower than those who are in it. The LL is tier 5. Junior football isn't. It's clearly ranked below Tier 5. Last year, my team's licence was enough to avoid the qualifying round but this year we're rated lower than all the LL and HL teams. It's up to the SFA how they want to run it. If it was up to me, I'd agree with you and introduce the same system as the English FA Cup where you have as many entrants as meet the minimum standards and you just start the qualifying rounds early. But ... a lot of those clubs have floodlights. In the meantime, the HFL is rated higher but keeps a closed shop - that's completely wrong.

We wouldn't struggle in the west set up - that's nonsense as fine you know. We don't dominate our league as Gogsy has pointed out but we are consistently top 3 or 4 for the most part and certainly the top points accumulators since the Super Leagues started. I'd quite happily see the east and west come together and we'd find out quick enough though.

Agree totally with the merger btw it would make the Juniors very appealing for advertising and merchandise.

However lithgae are well looked after financially with sponsers however compared to the likes of lugar who I admire greatly with Gary Robertson at the helm don't have the same monetary means. Money talks and Lithgae/Talbot/Beith are at the pecking order at the minute. If that changes who knows what's in store for these teams

13 hours ago, jc1 said:

Ants 2-0 gartcairn

After a very tough pre season and few harsh results in the sectional it was great to start the league with a win and a clean sheet for us. We are a whole club in transition ie new team management ect but we take away a lot of heart from today

As do many others in the division.  Shows that the league does not have to end up the way a number were predicting before a ball was kicked.

10 hours ago, Highriser said:

It's embarrassing how much he has obsessed over Pollok. Somebody from the south side must have shagged one of its birds.

I never mentioned pollok,  in the original post as they are relegation fodder. I was merely highlighting glenaftons title challenge.  I understand you pollok supports find it hard to comprehend that your no longer a big gun but try not to get obsessed with everyone's posts, nobody cares about a yo-yo club.

Archived