Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

12 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

UEFA Super Cup, Under 18 World Cup?

Nope.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The FA Cup?

Nope. We're talking Scotland in case unclear.

Just now, sjc said:

European Championship Qualifer.

Correct. That leaves 2.

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I got that, I thought Scottish teams played in the FA Cup during the early days of football? And I have absolutely no idea what attendances were like then.

Ah, I see. No, few thousand.

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

Coronation Cup?

Correct.

1 minute ago, sjc said:

Great Britain v Rest of the World match for joining FIFA?

Attendance 135,000 but a friendly.

Just 1 left.

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Ah, I see. No, few thousand.

Correct.

Attendance 135,000 but a friendly.

Just 1 left.

A Scottish League match between Third Lanark & Hibs? 135,000?

The re-entry of the Home Nations into FIFA in 1947 was marked by a match between a Great Britain and a Rest of Europe select on 10 May 1947.[26] Great Britain won 6–1 and 130,000 people attended.[26]Unusually, a league match between Third Lanark and Hibernian was played immediately afterwards at Hampden because Cathkin Park was undergoing repair work.[

9 minutes ago, sjc said:

A Scottish League match between Third Lanark & Hibs? 135,000?

The re-entry of the Home Nations into FIFA in 1947 was marked by a match between a Great Britain and a Rest of Europe select on 10 May 1947.[26] Great Britain won 6–1 and 130,000 people attended.[26]Unusually, a league match between Third Lanark and Hibernian was played immediately afterwards at Hampden because Cathkin Park was undergoing repair work.[

Sadly not - despite 130,000 odd people having watched the Great Britain v Rest of Europe game, only 6,000 bothered to pay in again to watch Third Lanark v Hibs! In any case we've had the Scottish League Division One - both at Ibrox, Rangers v Celtic in 1939 and Rangers v Hibs in 1950 surpassed 100,000.

Remaining one is pretty tough

Inauguration of floodlights Rangers v Eintracht Frankfurt 1961 or 62 had over 100,000 as did the Scotland v England game in 1968 was a qualifier for what was then the European Nations Cup. Also at least one of the War time or unofficial International v England post war would have had 100,000 plus crowds.

Aye, we've had those or aren't counting those. In addition to friendlies (club and international) and war internationals we've had:

British Home Tournament
World Cup qualifiers
European Championship qualifiers
European Cup
Scottish League Division One
Scottish Cup
Scottish League Cup
Coronation Cup

which leaves just 1 more tournament. To help - it was a short-lived domestic cup.

17 hours ago, energyzone said:

Rugby Park is at an angle to the main street beside it, hence the East Stand reduces at the north side.

They also rebuilt the stadium but with the rear gates of the gardens on the main street still there. So there are a number of residents who simply have to open their back gate and walk into the stadium, without having to negotiate any turnstiles.

Surely this must knock thousands off the value of the houses?

Can they brick up the gates in order to preserve whatever value the housing has?

Is there any other uncovered seating alongside at the TCS and Pittodrie?  Cappielow has some uncovered benches at the away end I believe.  I remember seeing photos of Kilbowie that had benched seating as well.

21 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Aye, we've had those or aren't counting those. In addition to friendlies (club and international) and war internationals we've had:

British Home Tournament
World Cup qualifiers
European Championship qualifiers
European Cup
Scottish League Division One
Scottish Cup
Scottish League Cup
Coronation Cup

which leaves just 1 more tournament. To help - it was a short-lived domestic cup.

Summer Cup (mid-sixties?)

Would that be the Scottish Southern League Cup?