Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

Love the wee clock face at Palmerston Park. Made as part of an advert I believe... 'Time to visit The Hole I' The Wa' Inn'.

Sadly the stand (which incidentally is the largest remaining covered terrace in Scotland) is now called The Oakbank Services Terrace and therefore the Hole in the Wa' sign has been replaced with corporate dross. The clock still remains though. 

0802963C-A182-46EB-8544-2C9BB87EF003.jpeg

9756726F-ADD5-4F9F-A0C1-A598C11FA54B.jpeg

Edited by Austinho

8 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Drybrough Cup?  Pittodrie Beach End c/w the Quirky corner stand?

Sobering to reflect all the exuberant youths in this picture are now retired or just about retirement

neil ross.JPG

Most of them if they live in Scotland are eligible for free bus travel all across Scotland courtesy of the Scottish Goverment. And of course we won't mention the fly digs a few of them had that day at Celtic players.

The state of the art modern main stand at Somerset Park, Ayr United, complete with ground breaking 'panned in window' style of air conditioning. 

And the entrance to the now sadly gone Firs Park, East Stirlingshire, those who have never been wont be aware this was the only entrance to the now mothballed stadium, at the end of the Victoria Road cul-de-sac, meaning players, directors, officials, press etc had to walk right round the terracing to the stand housing the changing rooms and boardroom etc 

FB_IMG_1522838057853.jpg

FB_IMG_1522792559573.jpg

It was falling to pieces, was a fire risk and the ends were too far away from the pitch but I'd swap our all seated, plenty legroomed hovel for that any day.

Here's a better pic..
IMG_20180326_231008.jpg.7d17502786a47be8ce91be3f6f7d8a05.jpg
Mine was better [emoji56]

On 09/04/2018 at 22:25, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Bike racks in front of the new Stand at Tynecastle

IMG_1523305479.012245.jpg

I quite like this but it does raise the question: Had anyone ever in the history of Scottish football ever cycled to a match?

Seems a bit wierd to me, and I like cycling! 

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

It was falling to pieces, was a fire risk and the ends were too far away from the pitch but I'd swap our all seated, plenty legroomed hovel for that any day.

Here's a better pic..

IMG_20180326_231008.jpg.7d17502786a47be8ce91be3f6f7d8a05.jpg

My dad say us play Aberdeen there with 25,000+ at it and even then he said there were plenty of lift overs/folk sneaking in.

I quite like this but it does raise the question: Had anyone ever in the history of Scottish football ever cycled to a match?
Seems a bit wierd to me, and I like cycling! 

My brother did occasionally until he had his bike stolen from outside Tynecastle. So it might not be a great idea