Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

star5.thumb.jpg.f2d4157fd63e578411e88de69a74b244.jpg

Dalbeattie Star's wooden  grandstand- there's a good social club behind  it. There are rickety steel steps leading up to it from the terracing! 

ksh1.thumb.jpg.769ed95f09a20fc9163a61e657265463.jpg

Kennoway Star Hearts' ground. Its like something out of "Field of Dreams". Build it and they will come....

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

When did you last see one of these pitch-side?

20180217_140850.jpg

I was taking a group of Albion Rovers supporters round the museum at Hampden yesterday and when we got to the invalid car one of them told me that a relative of his never passed his driving test but had a motorbike licence and was able to drive a "car" similar to this due to the engine being small. He said the guy drove up from England to Coatbridge for family occasions in it - must have taken an absolute age without passengers let alone his wife and their luggage!

On 2/17/2018 at 23:09, 1nickydevlin said:

Two old boys that are sadly no longer with us used to travel the country following ayr in the 3 wheeler car/bike thing . dont think the thing went above 40mph .brilliant

You wonder how those things never blew over! I don't think you'd get me in a stationary one let alone one going at any speed whatsoever.

12 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

You wonder how those things never blew over! I don't think you'd get me in a stationary one let alone one going at any speed whatsoever.

They probably did blow over. They stopped making then in 1976 and haven't been on the roads since 2003.

My auntie had one which caught fire - fortunately she wasn't in it at the time; it was just parked outside her house.

On 1/14/2018 at 00:34, Flybhoy said:

Celtic fans at Ibrox in 1983 when they couldnt shift enough tickets to even sell out against us, meaning we got almost 20,000 tickets back then for a few years including half the enclosure and a third of the Govan Stand.

IMG_20180114_003143.jpg

had they walked away from the club or something....?