Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

Annfield Park, Stirling. First ground I ever went to, where I ruined my new school shoes on the ash track when I was about 7, getting my dad an almighty rollocking from my mum.

Some of my favourite childhood memories were there, now a Cala Homes development full of horrible c***s driving 4x4's who probably go and watch rugby and shite like that.

download (2).jpeg

images.jpeg

20130225-112724.jpg

2r545sn.jpg

B9udLXBCMAA3c22.jpg.f335d12ea76a01a0ae163395f19c2395.jpg

1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

One of the saddest football videos I've seen.

Amazing how quickly it became so dilapidated, the Shire had only moved out about 3 years before this was filmed.

Is it still sitting derelict, or is it shops/houses by now?

Stand has been knocked down but thats it, rest of it is a weed strewn eyesore sadly.

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's fascinating.  I knew about the notorious English Nazi salute, but hadn't realised we'd done it too.

Tbf, only the Germans are doing it in the footage. England did it when they went away to German, as it was insisted on as courtesy - as indeed it was during the Berlin Olympics IIRC. Of course in the mid-1930s the Nazi salute and the Swastika flag were, obviously, not yet associated with the Second World War and Holocaust.

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf, only the Germans are doing it in the footage. England did it when they went away to German, as it was insisted on as courtesy - as indeed it was during the Berlin Olympics IIRC. Of course in the mid-1930s the Nazi salute and the Swastika flag were, obviously, not yet associated with the Second World War and Holocaust.

I'm sure there was a 2nd game on that England tour of Germany where the players refused to give the salute.

Noticed this from a link on Elgin City's Twitter, I haven't found d any pictures though.

"The Borough Briggs Pillbox
As well as being the most northerly ground in the country, Elgin City’s Borough Briggs once boasted an unusual feature: a World War II pillbox! The pillbox was built into the banking at the Lossie Green end of the ground in 1939 and was eventually removed in 2000 when the club left the Highland League for the SFL. A photo of the pillbox can be seen in the ground’s catering booth."

Artistic impression of Dens Park with its new Archibald Leitch Grandstand.

14e91e4d7806b8f4fd98b299cf21e8e9.jpg

Just before the old Provie Road and TC Keay ends were demolished to make way for the Bobby Cox and Bob Shankly Stands. Greyhound track in view!

79314318a72cf188ee2da26e9a3c9c5f.jpg
thanks for thaat. the bottom pic is how i remember dens on my first visit