Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Inverness City and Inverness Shinty Club both have pitches on Bught Park.  That's probably as close as you'll get to a football-shinty ground share.

What does the stand area look onto, shinty or football?

1 hour ago, Booker-T said:

What does the stand area look onto, shinty or football?

The shinty.  Inverness SC have played there since the 30's or 40's.

Inverness City only got Lister Park created within Bught park about 3 seasons ago after leading a nomadic existence which latterly saw them play their home games at the Northern Meeting park along the road, sharing the pitch with Northern Counties CC I believe.

Edit - On Google Maps, you can see the home and away changing rooms at Lister Park as the two white buildings to the east of the shinty pitch.

2017-03-21_1815.png

Edited by TheScarf

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

This one?

celtic_1991-1992-m.gif

i can't see the image (stupid browser) but link name inc 1991-1992 so i think that must be it.

mostly unrelated rant:

i remember the old board trying to get on the irish bandwagon.... push hard on fields of athenry etc... letting the wolfetones make a video in the stadium.... numerous gold away kits (to be irishy).... but still omitted orange from everything, apart from seats. Only ended up on the kit because the board had pissed off cr smith a few months before.

even now there are still some bhigots that think the irish flag is green, white and gold. 

Anyway, a club named Celtic should have some blue on a kit (and red, and orange)

and great linky by @jagfox99

The shinty.  Inverness SC have played there since the 30's or 40's.
Inverness City only got Lister Park created within Bught park about 3 seasons ago after leading a nomadic existence which latterly saw them play their home games at the Northern Meeting park along the road, sharing the pitch with Northern Counties CC I believe.
Edit - On Google Maps, you can see the home and away changing rooms at Lister Park as the two white buildings to the east of the shinty pitch.

2017-03-21_1815.png.3db946509588ff5e955bd56a98ac32e4.png

There is a couple of shinty pitches with football connections.

Oban Saints FC play some home games at Mossfield including their summer tournament.

5c1f9570e194ed5ffa85954e303b94cd.jpg

And the Bught is back to back with the junior pitch as mentioned above.

78a1d78185dbe1a8fdca23ef8683ad12.jpg

Plenty of shinty pitches have football goals at the side for school games etc. Like Taynuilt.

But no proper ground shares as such.

1 hour ago, resk said:

Celtic Park has/had a "Rangers end"?!

The away end, the end to the right of where the TV gantry is now (the TV cameras used to be at the opposite side above the old jungle) was the end given to away fans and usually filled by Rangers fans when they visited.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 15:02, harry94 said:

Seeing Celtic Park as having red in the Main Stand is mind blowing to me. Had to reverse search it to figure that one out.

All that land around the Piggery, plus the special dispensation to build above a cemetery was granted to Ra Sellick for the princely sum of £1.

Great value for money acquired by Glasgow City Council I am sure you will agree.

7 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

All that land around the Piggery, plus the special dispensation to build above a cemetery was granted to Ra Sellick for the princely sum of £1.

Great value for money acquired by Glasgow City Council I am sure you will agree.

It's definitely amazing what you can buy for a pound these days.

I heard of one guy...

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Another picture of Celtic Park showing the same end of the stadium as a few posts before, this time before the roof went on.

This will have been taken roughly from where the TV cameras sit now, you can see some of the tenement buildings of the old Gallowgate in the background. Guestimate this is late 1950's

IMG_20170322_222354.jpg