The sample chain

Nizzy

So...

We start with a song. The next post features a track that samples the previous song OR a track that is also sampled in the previous song and so on.

Simple?

A few posts to get things moving.

35 minutes ago, supermik said:

Any chance of some music that some of us might have heard of?

Nizzy's third post has one of the most sampled, 'influential' & familiar-sounding drum breaks ever recorded. If you haven't listened to a song with that drum break, then you've probably not 'heard of' anything! The same goes for the first & fourth post which are instantly recognisable in a wide variety of songs.

I'd be all over threads like this, but threads composed of embedded videos are unusably slow.

2 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Pharcyde - Passin' Me By

10 hours ago, Mon Dieu said:

Nizzy's third post has one of the most sampled, 'influential' & familiar-sounding drum breaks ever recorded. If you haven't listened to a song with that drum break, then you've probably not 'heard of' anything! The same goes for the first & fourth post which are instantly recognisable in a wide variety of songs.

I'd be all over threads like this, but threads composed of embedded videos are unusably slow.

Are you a soul/funk/hip hop fan MD? 

14 hours ago, Nizzy said:

So...

We start with a song. The next post features a track that samples the previous song OR a track that is also sampled in the previous song and so on.

Simple?

A few posts to get things moving.

14 hours ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Are you a soul/funk/hip hop fan MD? 

Yes, I'll dabble in most things! Although threads composed of videos can be difficult for me to browse.
Also, YouTube videos often have the incorrect audio - to avoid getting removed for copyright infringement.

12 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I can hear the cogs of your brain whirring, chalking this up as another reason for EH6 being the best postcode.

NE6 is a lot closer to me than EH6 m9.

9 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Stratus - Billy Cobham

Either I have misunderstood the OP or the chain may be broken already? Either way: excellent choices.

3ither way, I'll link @Fat Joe da Gangsta's Take It Personal:

In addition to @paranoid android's Owner Of A Lonely Heart:

It's far more likely that it's me that's misunderstood the OP, tbf - any excuse to share the Billy Cobham track, though.

There's another Massive Attack track that samples a Mahavishnu track, but I'm fucked if I can mind what it is - it's just a brief snatch of Jan Hammer's electric piano from 'You Know You Know'.

Archived