East Fife v Brechin

Kane was far from the worst in the poorest performance for a long time.Brechin were better organised and deserved to win albeit they created very few chances.The 3 Brechin central defenders won them the game.East Fife badly missed Kevin Smith but very difficult to win when 3 players had their worst ever performance.

I think our lack of depth in the squad has come up to bite us. We looked nervous, jaded, and all round not really up for it.
I do appreciate that these are all new teams to us, and hopefully we will learn from them. But we lacked a bit of "guile" today, and that's where Kevin Smith comes in. Andy Jackson was full of it, and probably was a big part of the difference.
Put it behind us, learn and a few words in a few ears is all that's required.

Kane was far from the worst in the poorest performance for a long time.Brechin were better organised and deserved to win albeit they created very few chances.The 3 Brechin central defenders won them the game.East Fife badly missed Kevin Smith but very difficult to win when 3 players had their worst ever performance.

I wasn't just meaning today's game

Still don't think Kane is too bad so far. Nobody can come out of that game today with any credit at all. Team today reminded me of relegated team 2 seasons ago where we lacked a ball winner with a good engine in middle of the park.  Think Smith and Slattery are proving to be big misses.

saving grace today was that Brechin were content to waste a lot of time from very early on and had they moved things on a bit might have scored more.

Content with the win today,apart from Dods tactics its deplorable that he wants to time waste from the first whistle.He is installing into the players what he did when he played and it will come back to bite us,this dirty tactics is not on.Plus side Caldwell scores another goal.

45 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Content with the win today,apart from Dods tactics its deplorable that he wants to time waste from the first whistle.He is installing into the players what he did when he played and it will come back to bite us,this dirty tactics is not on.Plus side Caldwell scores another goal.

are you serious?

A lot of heat on Chris Kane on the thread. He was nowhere near the worst player yesterday.

2 of the standout players from last season had probably their worst games in an East fife shirt. Mercer and Page.

Wilkie was another absolute star last year and we've still to see that this year. Yesterday was quiet.

Goalkeeping has been error strung this year. No clangers from goodfellow yesterday but goal kicks flying straight out of play without the excuse of the wind doesn't help. Playing out when we were 2 1 down was really slow too.

Wasn't just him though, there was a lethargy around the whole side. The cupboard is bare when it comes to options on the bench. Worrying to see only three outfield players there, 2 of them kids. Although I thought Jordan Austin's introduction came far too late.

Archived