Ardagh Cup FINAL

CC1987

The public transport system managed to cope with a Hearts v Hibs cup final at Hampden.

In fact it copes with rival fans sharing transport across the country every weekend but asking a couple of dozen Junior fans to do it is a step too far? Absolute guff. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Traveline Scotland It's about 1 hour 15 mins travelling each way including changeover time. Not that bad really. 

Read my post again, I didn't say the "travel" time was 2 hours . What I said was it is unlikely you arrive in Ayr and a train is sitting waiting for you
That would mean even a 10 minute wait between arrival and departure, is added to the time travelling to Ayr, which on a Sunday service could be 40-45 mins
Then the 10 minute (?) train journey to Troon is going to be around 1 hour 20 minutes / 1 Hour 30 mins WITHOUT considering walking from station to park and the time queuing , I think my estimate of APPROX 2 hrs is nearer than Traveline 's

5 minutes ago, Bul2 said:

Read my post again, I didn't say the "travel" time was 2 hours . What I said was it is unlikely you arrive in Ayr and a train is sitting waiting for you
That would mean even a 10 minute wait between arrival and departure, is added to the time travelling to Ayr, which on a Sunday service could be 40-45 mins
Then the 10 minute (?) train journey to Troon is going to be around 1 hour 20 minutes / 1 Hour 30 mins WITHOUT considering walking from station to park and the time queuing , I think my estimate of APPROX 2 hrs is nearer than Traveline 's

I did read your post and the 1 hr 15 mins factors that in. And let's face it, it's not that far to walk from Troon Station to Portland Park. 

People on here complaining about one and a half hours to get to a cup final and waiting ten minutes for a train but they think nothing of sitting in a boozer for 9 hour sessions on a Sunday . 

Get out there and enjoy your day and the cup final if you get there , there's a ladeside fan who travels through from Edinburgh for every single home and away game yet some junior fans are getting a nosebleed at the thought of a bus and train to Troon . Jeezo . :) 

Just now, Talbot Bing said:

HB sorry Shanner just doesn't get it lol poor lad. emoji85.png

Sherlock, why don't you put those keenly honed investigative skills of yours to good use and Google it yourself?

It ain't rocket science (although you certainly are a rocket). 

[emoji38] The guys just not quite right . 

Yeah, but we're the same person.[emoji33]

Just glad someone else is finding him out to be what he really is on here. 

Sherlock, why don't you put those keenly honed investigative skills of yours to good use and Google it yourself?

It ain't rocket science (although you certainly are a rocket). 

Having a conversation with yourself will only lead to the men in white coats coming for you. [emoji23]

If a connection to Troon was that easy then don't you think that more Cumnock and Auchinleck people would have spent their holidays at Troon. Unfortunately for Troon the trains from Auchinleck go the other way and that's why a vast majority of Auchinleck and Cumnock people prefer to spend their time at Kilmarnock beach!

Having any sort of debate about four West of Scotland Premier League clubs having too far to travel, even though the final will be within Ayrshire, is just mental. Supporters will travel to Central league grounds for league duty at the drop of a bobble hat! Also I see a rake of people on here writing about how desperate they are for a good long trip in the Scottish 1st round so they can have a wahoo. Just count yourselves lucky you can get to the fitba and stop moaning!

Also, no way Hertha and Shanner are same person. Shanner writes with intelligence and humour.

Having any sort of debate about four West of Scotland Premier League clubs having too far to travel, even though the final will be within Ayrshire, is just mental. Supporters will travel to Central league grounds for league duty at the drop of a bobble hat! Also I see a rake of people on here writing about how desperate they are for a good long trip in the Scottish 1st round so they can have a wahoo. Just count yourselves lucky you can get to the fitba and stop moaning!

Also, no way Hertha and Shanner are same person. Shanner writes with intelligence and humour.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Shanner is definitely the alter ego of HB.

If a connection to Troon was that easy then don't you think that more Cumnock and Auchinleck people would have spent their holidays at Troon. Unfortunately for Troon the trains from Auchinleck go the other way and that's why a vast majority of Auchinleck and Cumnock people prefer to spend their time at Kilmarnock beach!

Think it's a common sense approach that goes missing when venues are decided. Be so much easier to do things like that but why would they eh? [emoji85]

Two very tough games to call which could go either way. The final could be Beith v Cumnock or Kilbirnie v Talbot just as easily as it could be a local derby. If it's not a local derby then Meadow is probably the best place to hold the final for me - good surface, plenty of room for a big crowd. You'll never get a venue that will suit everyone though. Toss of a coin for home advantage could be another option.

Two very tough games to call which could go either way. The final could be Beith v Cumnock or Kilbirnie v Talbot just as easily as it could be a local derby. If it's not a local derby then Meadow is probably the best place to hold the final for me - good surface, plenty of room for a big crowd. You'll never get a venue that will suit everyone though. Toss of a coin for home advantage could be another option.

TBH me££a is a good shout. Why can't HB no produce quality feedback like this? [emoji58]

I did read your post and the 1 hr 15 mins factors that in. And let's face it, it's not that far to walk from Troon Station to Portland Park. 

I , personally, haven't used the Cumnock to Ayr bus recently, but, on an odd occasion my wife has went on the bus to Ayr during the week which takes 40-45 mins as I have asked her while typing this post
That is on a midweek day, not a Sunday, which is a restricted service and can take longer as the bus takes longer as they often go in to some of the villages etc they bypass during the week
Even if we are talking 40 mins to get from Cumnock to Ayr, you actually are asking us to consider that the other part of the journey I.e walk from bus stop to train station, train to Troon, walk from station to Portland Park , in total is 35 mins !!!!!!
Oh, also as the Sunday service is less often than during the week , not every hour at the same time, but, quite often 2 hourly at certain parts of the day on a Sunday ,
I'll stick by my original assessment and you use the figures on Traveline, that website that is there to promote the travel companies that are noted on it so is unlikely to factor in , up front, that you might have " unforeseen" delays

One question, have you travelled all or part of this route you describe ..... Almost certainly not or you wouldn't be quoting Traveline
Have I travelled the route - naw !!

My good lady wife has travelled the first part of the route on a few instances and her first thought when asked about travelling to Ayr on the bus and on to Troon on the train in 1 hr 15 mins was " no chance"

Please excuse me for taking her answer on board rather than yours, I'm feart fae her and I'm not scared of you in the slightest

13 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Can't really see this journey being a major hassle . 

image.jpg

Archived