Rovers v Alloa

Delighted with the result, but I thought 4-0 was harsh on Rovers. The first half was pretty even, AR possibly edged it, and I was happy enough for us to go in level at the break.

The second 45 was a contrast to last week when our substitutions disrupted our rhythm, today we seemed to get a new lease of life when the subs came on. I couldn't believe the sitter Rovers passed up before we went ahead. Parry made a great save, but he shouldn't have had the chance to save it.

Cliftonhill might be regarded as a dump to a lot of folk, but I really like the place and - not caring if this is a cliche or not - it's a proper old-school ground. We even had a dog on the pitch!

Murder fucken Murder 

0-4   we were poor today scored 4 poor goal all flukes  lollololololollipop

Pity the other teams when we click 

Oh we are top of the league 

Maybe next week Rovers keep trying 

2 hours ago, Sixtyten said:

Delighted with the result, but I thought 4-0 was harsh on Rovers. The first half was pretty even, AR possibly edged it, and I was happy enough for us to go in level at the break.

The second 45 was a contrast to last week when our substitutions disrupted our rhythm, today we seemed to get a new lease of life when the subs came on. I couldn't believe the sitter Rovers passed up before we went ahead. Parry made a great save, but he shouldn't have had the chance to save it.

Cliftonhill might be regarded as a dump to a lot of folk, but I really like the place and - not caring if this is a cliche or not - it's a proper old-school ground. We even had a dog on the pitch!

Must be a Cliftonhill thing a dog ran on the pitch when we played there in April:lol:

Real bizarre game today. First half we were rank, couldn't put two passes together along with Rovers doing a real job in closing us down. Rovers had majority of possession but didn't look to threatening, whilst Flannigan was unlucky to see a thunderous shot hit both posts before bouncing out, apart from that nothing, Cawley and Kilpatrick particularly poor although apart from Parry, Graham and Goodwin no one could have complained at being hooked at half time.

Second half hinged on two moments in my opinion, as mentioned above Rovers missed a real sitter after Marr decided to dribble out of defence, lost the ball which was squared to the striker who fluffed his shot from about 3 yards but still had to be saved by Parry who kept it out. The second was the introduction of Robertson, he gets about the pitch well, tackles and never gives the ball away, must start if fit in my opinion.

Onto the goals, you could argue 3 were own goals, Flanny's shot was probably on target but took a massive deflection which totally wrong footed the keeper, Waters free kick hit the post, came back and went in off keepers back and the fourth was a clear own goal, a nice header by Donnelly for third, looks to have a good touch but looked a bit of the pace but that will come.

At half time would have probably taken a point but taking positives in that didn't play well and still won and any successful team needs to carry a bit of luck and we had a fair share of that today. Rovers should be fine, liked your number 4,8,9 and 10, I think with all the effort put into closing us down first half you ran out of steam a bit, but won't need to do that every week. After quite a while enjoyed the Cliftonhill experience again, a great wee ground with the usual banter with the locals.

Rovers did okay, looked the more dangerous in the first half- where I thought we reasonably controlled much of the possession but struggled to create all that much. I thought they looked a bit leggy after the opener, it seemed to suck the life out of them and leave the game in little doubt.

I thought we did better when Goodwin dropped back to defence- I thought it helped both Holmes and Goodwin onto improved performances. Not sure about the two together in the middle, but early days for both (only their second match together)

Flannigan was outstanding- probably up there with the best players in the league.

Donnelly shone on his debut, linked play well and scored a brilliant header.

Thought we won on Saturday when it was possibly one of our worst performances this season. That's the thing that wins league so it's good to see us dig in their.

During the first half I thought Albion Rovers looked pretty comfortable and we looked a different team completely. We were just off the pace and it seemed like the game could've easily been our first defeat. I did mention at the game however we seemed to be playing a 4-3-3 which wasn't our usual system and not a system I'd like to see us stick with is Saturday is anything to go by.

Second half again I thought we looked the same as the first up until Robertson came on, the slight tweak in the system and Robertson playing well meant that we could take control of the game and we just upped the gears. When Donnelly came on, again, we looked better with someone filling that channel through the middle behind the striker. Last 20 minutes or so was a very good performance by us but not a score that reflected the game I don't think.

Donnelly seems to be a good signing, his first touch was top class and I don't agree with the earlier comment saying he seemed off the pace and would actually say he always seemed to be one step ahead of the other players on the park.

On 8/28/2016 at 17:23, KierenAAFC said:

For Holmes and Goodwin to play together long term it would mean Robertson needs to be dropped. For me, Jon when fit is one of the first names on the team sheet! He's got to start.

All 3 can play in certain games I think. Flannigan certainly undroppable at the moment.

Archived