Junior Cup 2016-17

MEADOWXI

Just now, Shanner said:

Fucks sake that's quite a profound wee experience your bus got to share with him. Good on you for letting the guy on board to complete the set. 

Quite like the coast up there and I've heard it's a very nice part of the World. The Scottish cup is fantastic for getting you out of the usual Central Belt places which , in all honesty are home to most of us but aren't exactly postcard material. 

FC stoneywood was another mental one , we knew it wasn't far from Dyce and that was all we had to go on , stopped and asked a few locals and even they couldnt point us in the correct direction , eventually found the proverbial village idiot who pointed and told us to drive the bus " doon that wee lane " ( the lane was a foot wide :lol: . ) 

Eventually we we found it and what a bizzare ground again as it was set in the middle of dense forestry with a tiny cricket like stand at the far away corner flag and basically just a white wall round the perimeter , was like something out the Blair witch project amidst this dense forestry and it must have been a creepy as hell place to visit at night time .

5 hours ago, pie n beans said:

i am sure you get 4k for getting knocked out in the first round of the senior scottish cup

Don't think its as much as that. 1k for being knocked out in the prelims and 2k for the first round.

You can also lose a lot of the prize money in fines for yellow and red cards. Its something crazy like £100 per yellow so if you have a card happy ref or involved in a bit of a rough match its not the money spinner its made out to be.

9 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Don't think its as much as that. 1k for being knocked out in the prelims and 2k for the first round.

You can also lose a lot of the prize money in fines for yellow and red cards. Its something crazy like £100 per yellow so if you have a card happy ref or involved in a bit of a rough match its not the money spinner its made out to be.

Has the fines not been done away with recently ?

27 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I think though don't quote me that it was something like £500/£600 per red card in the senior Scottish in 2010/2011 when we participated , we got a guy sent off up at airdrie and also at home to airdrie and I agree totally that the senior Scottish cup can also be costly .

4 hours ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Cheers mate,we'll probably bring a fair support,& as I said,I'm looking forward to this one! Do you recall St.Roch's playing Buffs recently?

Will ask our President tomorrow - he WILL mention the 1922 final 

Will be be a great test for us - I lived in Penny Burn as a lad - lifetime ago - wonder if anyone from St Luke's will be coming up for the game? 

Archived