Tonites sores scorers

gibbymclean

Agree that it is not the thing to say about a guy who may or may not be earning money to play a sport which he is obviously very talented at regarding wishing an injury on a player but I have no idea the relevance of the statement, "did you play the game" - What does it matter? Seekfedup

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch yourself so called Kilbirnie fan of the juniors will be on saying your in the p.c brigade!!!!

I saw Bankies Rab O'Neill suffer a potentially career ending triple leg break at Blantyre last season and the distress that caused players , coaching staff and supporters that day - why wish that on any other player? Just don't understand it.

Oh well. If he wants to goad and Act the w****r to bankies fans who said f**k all to him until they equalised and then he started then f**k him

Horrible reply.

Many of us at the football dish it out when players don't do anything yet first sign of a player giving something back which i didn't witness myself you wish him a bad injury!! Shocking

It's Kevin Green least try get his name right.

I was at the game bankie bear, a take it u weren't one of the squad along from me who berated William sawyers from the first minute till he went off? Some superlatives like "ya fat dick" "fat turd" "cock-end" nice, don't give it out if u can't take it!!!

Have to agree with you there KR - there are some within our support( and probably that of other teams as well ) who seem very precious at times about stuff like this.

I was at the game bankie bear, a take it u weren't one of the squad along from me who berated William sawyers from the first minute till he went off? Some superlatives like "ya fat dick" "fat turd" "cock-end" nice, don't give it out if u can't take it!!!

I know who your talking about. Not one of them no

Took in the rutherglen and pollok game tonight must admit the glencairn team look very good played some really nice football really impressed with the young boy out wide for them and the striker Mckay watched him at rossvale last year a few times. Think pollok deserved to win the game but if rutherglen took the chance at 2-1 think it could've been a different game. Think both pollok and rutherglen glencairn will do well in their respected leagues. Great game of football tonight. 

Agree that it is not the thing to say about a guy who may or may not be earning money to play a sport which he is obviously very talented at regarding wishing an injury on a player but I have no idea the relevance of the statement, "did you play the game" - What does it matter? Seekfedup

Well I will try and justify my thinking.
If you played and had ever experienced a serious injury or had a team mate who got a bad one you experience the months of hard work it can take to get back in the game if you get back at all.
You appreciate the cost of being off work more, whether you get paid when your off, of the impact it has on your mental well being and the impact on your family life to name a few reasons.
I you've never played or been in that position perhaps you turn up, pay your 6 quid shout the usual pish and go home not giving a second though to the player who's laying there fucked.
That's where my thinking was when I made the post mate.

40 minutes ago, Seekfedup said:

Well I will try and justify my thinking.
If you played and had ever experienced a serious injury or had a team mate who got a bad one you experience the months of hard work it can take to get back in the game if you get back at all.
You appreciate the cost of being off work more, whether you get paid when your off, of the impact it has on your mental well being and the impact on your family life to name a few reasons.
I you've never played or been in that position perhaps you turn up, pay your 6 quid shout the usual pish and go home not giving a second though to the player who's laying there fucked.
That's where my thinking was when I made the post mate.

Not often I would agree with one of our noisy neighbours but you're post is spot on. Well said.

went to Beith game as a neutral and was impressed by the home team- can't complain about value for money seeing 8 goals and some nice play from Beith. 

Beith's 7th goal was from the spot: I think it was given for handball but as the Ardeer defender went down clutching his groin it seems a bit of rough justice giving away a spot kick for protecting yer stanes! 

Watch yourself so called Kilbirnie fan of the juniors will be on saying your in the p.c brigade!!!!

I'll need to join the PC brigade too. The comment was completely out of order, and unrepresentative, I believe, of the Bankies support.

Bankies fans witnessed last season the potential career end for one of our players following a horrific challenge being made on him, and the devastating impact that had. That is, but shouldn't need to be, a reminder that no injury can or should ever be wished on an opponent.

Football games are and should remain exactly that. Dodgy penalties, last minute goals, cup disappointments - part and parcel of football. It scunners you when it goes against you, but we move on.

Anyway, as the Bankies are out, I hope this is Wishaw's year - a well run club who deserve a bit of success.

Archived