Weekend Bets n Tips Aug 26-29

jagfox

Plenty to like this weekend IMO.

St Johnstone up at a garbage ICT appeals to me at 13/8, St Johnstone are in great form (6 wins, 2 draws and a loss to Celtic this season) and the first half aside against Celtic have impressed me when I've seen them. Inverness are absolute dug meat, leaking goals left right and centre, lost to Alloa a couple of weeks ago and have the hapless Gavin Gunning on trial who will not improve things. Foran doesn't inspire much confidence.

QOS as mentioned are a wild price at Dunfermline at best odds 27/10. Dunfermline look horrific defensively and have lost 4 of 5 (the 1 non-defeat saw them ship 3 at home to Dumbarton). Dobbie is a genius signing for Queens, he made Falkirk look daft on Saturday (not the toughest ask just now I grant you), plus 4 wins in 5 for Queens with the other game a draw at Tannadice. The 4 wins include beating Hibs away, Falkirk at home and sticking 4 past Ayr. I'd have them in the 5/4 or 6/4 range personally.

Alloa at evens against anyone not named Airdrie or Livi looks good to me so I'm happy to back them at Albion Rovers. Rovers beat a youth team but aside from that are winless all season. They've lost all 3 home games (one on pens) including League 2 Clyde going there and winning 2-1. Alloa have won every game they've played in all competitions this season with some much better scalps on there than Rovers. The second time this game comes around they'll be about 1/2 IMO. Biggest bet of the weekend for me.

Livingston at 23/20 away to Queens Park looks dece. Livi have 13 goals from 3 games and pumping Airdrie 4-2 away from home in particular stands out. Mixed bag for QP so far but they lost 3-1 at home to Airdrie. Transitivity doesn't really hold in football but that comparison shows the gap in quality between the sides IMO. Livi should certainly be odds on.

And finally I like the aforementioned Airdrie (11/10) at Stenny. Stenny are stinking and beating a youth team won't cover up for that. They've lost 7 from 7 against "proper" teams this season and their fans seem almost resigned to relegation already. Airdrie are coming off a win last week and already beat Stenny in the League Cup. If you include penalty wins they've won 4 of 5 against League 1 oppposition. Again they should be odds on.

I do not fancy Morton at all away at Hibs but think they are overpriced at as high as 9/1 for any speculative punters. We have won away at Hamilton and Killie this season but I do think Hibs are a better side.

1 hour ago, willie82 said:

QOS single for me. Great price for a form team against a team that leak a lot of goals. Over 2.5 goals may also be good option

I've had a wee nibble on QOS BTTS @ 5/1 on PP. 

The Highland double looks tempting. Accies are woeful at home and Ross County are just off the back of two good wins. Liam Boyce in great form.

St Johnstone to win in Inverness looks straightforward enough at 17/10 given the starts both teams have had to the season.

I agree with the comments on QOS. I've backed them a few times already this season and they've done me proud each time.

My fancies for the weekend seem to mainly replicate those mentioned above which, no disrespect intended, is worrying given how often strongly tipped up teams fail to deliver on this thread.....!

Singles:

Livingston 23/20 at Queen Park

St Johnstone 13/8 at Inverness

QOS 13/8 Draw no bet at Dunfermline

Double:

Leicester and Alloa – just short of 5/2

Treble:

Forfar, Norwich and Hearts – around 19/2

Mugs Favs 6 Fold:

Celtic, Chelsea, Hibs, Falkirk, Man U and Man City - about 13/2

Goals Line:

Both teams to score at Everton, Motherwell, Montrose and over 2.5 goals at Stenhousemuir and Forfar – around 14/1

Bonkers Line:

Southampton, Barnsley, Wolves, Villa, Berwick and Airdrie – about 117/1

Friday night double:

Derby and Rangers – approximately 23/10

Man Utd games certainly look a lot better than last season in terms of chances created at both ends.

Hull have had 2 surprising results to start the season too and look capable of scoring goals despite all that's going on behind the scenes there. 

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

St Johnstone 20's tonight are fielding a few first team players against Celtic. Celtic missing a few boys, who're away with Scotland. I'm got them at 12's earlier, down to 7's now.

Down to 9/2 now, caught it at 8's. 

Archived