Clyde V Cowdenbeath

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed the game. Two dreadful defences. I felt Clyde could score in every attack. In fact, I thought Clyde could score after every clearance. I've never seen a centre halves as poor defending a simple punt up the park as Cowdenbeath's.

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I really enjoyed the game. Two dreadful defences. I felt Clyde could score in every attack. In fact, I thought Clyde could score after every clearance. I've never seen a centre halves as poor defending a simple punt up the park as Cowdenbeath's.

That was more down to peaso and Higgins harassing them all game 

Didn't think I'd ever see us win 5-3 and go away not having enjoyed it. But that's exactly how I felt. We're a shambles at the back. I also think that's the worst going forward we've played in the few home games this season. Frankly, we didn't have to create a great deal to score 5 goals as Cowdenbeath were somehow even worse than us defensively. 

Thats 8 goals conceded in 4 games which is relegation material never mind league winning form. Hope Barry uses the free week productively to work on the defence. 

On 24/08/2016 at 21:33, CowdenConvert said: It's pure envy mate.  Down here they drool over utter dross like Easton, Gold and Linn.  They have no idea what it's like to watch decent players.

Linn :wub: 

Look I don't even care of you're having a pop at Clyde or Cowdenbeath here but f**k off back to your own thread. Every week you live in Clyde threads like a fuckin disease

Honestly - Clyde fans!

Not as if we didn't deserve to win the game. Gifted two goals with penalty and og, and Gibson not clever at other goal.

I'm going to buck the trend and offer some praise. Easton's deliveries at times today was superb, the 4th goal was class and the no 14 for cowdenbeath was a real handful and played well.

Always enjoy winning, but actually seen old timers not clapping or cheering the third goal because it interrupted their slagging of Gibson.

Was also very pleased by the reaction in the first half to allowing cowdenbeath back into the game twice.

Suppose I would take 5-3 win every week but massive issues to address, we do go to sleep when we lose the ball far too often. Suppose it would have much more comfortable if not for the stupid penalty we gave away and of course we have the most inconsistent goalkeeper I has seen for years. 

Still must say that Peaso does know his way about the park and Higgins looks to be responding to having someone next to him that actually knows how to play up front.

Junior of course take a bow big man!

I thought we were very comfortable in regards to winning the game. At no time was I worried about losing any points.
I don't understand people saying they didn't enjoy the game when we scored 5 goals and had many more chances. Perhaps they would prefer a boring 1-0.

16 minutes ago, Mon Da Clyde said:

but actually seen old timers not clapping or cheering the third goal because it interrupted their slagging of Gibson.

Didn't see that but if that was the case it is pathetic. I thought overall he did well considering how exposed he was left at times. Thought he was a bit slow at their second goal but could have been unsighted. Made a number of saves and was unlucky with the penalty. 

2 stopped on the line, hit the post, Turner misses a sitter and we still score 3 away from home again.

wasted again as we have two centre-halfs playing that have no pace, win f**k all in the air and generally can't defend.  We urgently need some pace at centre-half and preferably someone that can organise as well.

Archived