Hairdresser

Short back and sides, longer on top

£10-£20

£2-£3 unless it's shite or very expensive

Doesn't matter

Four to six weeks

When it's cut far too short/nothing like the requested cut

HTH

Turkish barbers at the top of Moss St in Paisley or the local hairdresser (need to book an appointment, bit of a pain)

Shaved round the sides and a lucky dip with the top, normally let the person with the scissors decide. My fringe is a pain in the arse, after a week or two it goes all wavey.

£8-9, the barbers on Silk st is only about £6.50 which is the cheapest I know of, normally do a decent job too.

£1-2 tip.

Not too fussed about the day but I avoid friday afternoons and saturdays at pay weekends, I hate waiting more than 2 deep. (Insert Kenneth Williams face) 

every 4 weeks roughly

nightmare was the Turkish guys shaving my eye brows, need to get them done all the time now

Barbers

Undercut, 1 on aides and back with longer on top

£16

Nae tip

Generally a Thursday, just seems to be when I'm free through the week

About 3 or 4 weeks

Hate seeing folk with a buzz cut who have an enormous head (me). Just looks awful.

barber or hairdresser: Barber, the one next to the busy one on West Nile Street or the Turkish one across from Iron Horse

haircut style: 1.5 back and side and thinned on top

price: Straight £10

tip: Nope

day to get it cut: Tues or Weds cause the ignorant guy in the barbers is off those days

length of time between cuts: 2 weeks (very thick hair)

haircut nightmare (optional): Folk ignoring my request to thin it out rendering the exercise pointless. Nightmare finding a place that cuts it well, then the same guy isn't there and the other guy makes an arse of it

I pay a pound tip. Regardless of whether they've done a good job.

As an aside, has anyone ever actually been asked if they want "something for the weekend" or is that a myth?

Do all barbers everywhere open late on a Thursday or is that a Brummie thing?

Barbers. 4 back and sides tidy up on top. £7.50. No tip. Every 3-4 weeks. Tried a few hairdressers and paid £15 but don't personally think it's worth it unless you're getting something a bit more complicated. Get it cut far too often to be paying £15 a go too.

Haidressers, whenever it gets unruly. Standard left parting, off the neck, no 'burns. Tenner. A tip when I've just paid you twice what I earn to wave some scissors about? Don't think so.

Special mention to the wee Turkish lad in Southport who gives me a cracking (i.e. quick, and no nattering) pre-Conference tidy every year, for £6.50. He gets £7.

Archived