P&B Haircut etiquette

• Hairdresser
  • SBnS (winter) or clipped to a 2/3 (summer)
  • The missus treats me on her membership card :thumsup2
  • Every few months
  • Additional head, neck, shoulder, upper back massage and hair wash.

Sorted, guv.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably go once every 6 weeks or sometimes longer when my hair is quite out of control.

I pay £7 and usually do it on a Saturday morning, then go for few lengths after and maybe sneak a couple beers in the foot of the walk.

Barber if man, hairdresser if woman.

2 back and sides, good tidy up (but longer) on top. This has never, ever changed. Simply inherited from the day my mother chose it way back as a primary school kid.

£10 (£9 + keep the change tip, basically because my regular el cheapo barber shuts up and gets on with it).

Any day midweek.

No idea, but it's probably been eight weeks since my last visit. I just get it cut when it starts to go wavy on top or if sides impede the ears.

The No.2 part shaved too high up at the back, making me eligible for the Polish national team (this has happened twice from eastern Europeans cutting my hair, despite the warnings, reluctantly making me a hairdresser xenophobe just for peace of mind, although I'd never say "I'll wait for the next one thanks").

Eta: I'm developing thin spots above the far sides of the forehead and will eventually (maybe even shortly) face the dilemma of needing to adjust the style to avoid small comb-overs. Fcukin boooooo.

Don't get 'em. Last time I set foot in one was for a bit of a trim before being best man at a mate's wedding in he late '90s.

I played in (mostly metal) bands since I was about 16-17, so I've always had long hair, and I'm in the happy position of having reached middle age without losing any of it, so I've never seen the need to get it cut - work's never been a problem with it. Admittedly, there's a lot more snow on the roof these days - I imagine I'll eventually end up looking a bit like Leon Russell (or God, I always get the two mixed up...)

As long as you keep it in good nick I found out it gets to a certain length and pretty much stays there, so thinking about it I must have saved thousands over the years.

£7 to the turkish barber in Bridgeton for a 2 back and sides and whatever on the top. 

Always give a couple of quid tip regardless of what he's done, even the time he cut the top of my ear and just put a paper towel over the blood as if I wouldn't notice he'd cut my fucking ear open. 

Archived