Arbroath vs Stirling Albion

15 hours ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Our highlights aren't much better

Well that's very helpful, no doubt your letter is already in the post volunteering to turn up well before kick off, film the game, go home and spend the next few hours editing, before putting out the package. No chance. I see that volunteer Turnstile operators are needed at the park however. Got your letter in for that?????

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The highlights are greatly valued by all the fans and especially those who can't always get to Gayfield. They need do continue in the best form available.

I don't think many fans were critical after they appreciated the circumstances. In fact, several comments were supportive. This shouldn't turn into some sort of blame game. 

There has been a lot of talk about the poor TV coverage of Scottish football. Maybe it's time for a League 2 highlights package put together by some of the enthusiasts who currently provide the coverage for our clubs.

Well that's very helpful, no doubt your letter is already in the post volunteering to turn up well before kick off, film the game, go home and spend the next few hours editing, before putting out the package. No chance. I see that volunteer Turnstile operators are needed at the park however. Got your letter in for that?????

Well this is it, there's a lot to it, club had nothing to lose and neither did the volunteer, he did his best to help and should be praised for it, same with the club who gave him a chance

Getting volunteers to step forward in any walk of life is a struggle and usually receives little appreciation. On the other hand, the default mode of online posters is usually critical.

Talking of inappropriate criticism, I heard fairly loud abuse being directed at Dick Campbell from the seaward side stand after Stirling went ahead early second half. Since we were playing well at the time, I thought that was poor. You'd think Arbroath supporters would be a little inured to temporary setbacks. You also have to laugh at the standard knee jerk reaction to any manager when the game is going badly - 'fix it' . It's a frustrating business right enough but a dose of realism doesn't harm

Getting volunteers to step forward in any walk of life is a struggle and usually receives little appreciation. On the other hand, the default mode of online posters is usually critical.

Talking of inappropriate criticism, I heard fairly loud abuse being directed at Dick Campbell from the seaward side stand after Stirling went ahead early second half. Since we were playing well at the time, I thought that was poor. You'd think Arbroath supporters would be a little inured to temporary setbacks. You also have to laugh at the standard knee jerk reaction to any manager when the game is going badly - 'fix it' . It's a frustrating business right enough but a dose of realism doesn't harm

Aye. It's the same guy ecto was on about the last game. :lol:

Was pleasing to hear him rap it after we went 3-2 up. CHANGE IT CAMPBELL DONT WAIT UNTIL ITS 3-1... 5 minutes later it's 3-2 us haha!!!

Unbeaten in the league lad. Let the manager do what he wants ffs.

Don't know if it's just me but there seems to be a section of our support would be highly delighted if DC was to fail. I haven't agreed in the past with some of the appointments made as manager but like to think that I continue to support the club despite any misgivings I have at the time. As supporters we should imo back the person appointed to manage the club. The team at the moment are quite new to each other and will take time to gel and maybe need some readjusting at the next transfer window. DC is a very experienced manager and will get more things right than wrong but even the best managers get it wrong occasionally.

Based on nothing more than 50 years of supporting the Lichties, there are always fans who seem to delight in criticising players, management and board. Every club has them. Some worse than others.

I seem to think we actually sacked the great Albert Henderson after his magnificent spell of success.

20 minutes ago, relichtie said:

As supporters we should imo back the person appointed to manage the club.

This 100% - likewise the players. The only time I wouldn't back players/ managers is if I felt they weren't giving 100% for the club or they were disrespecting the club/ fans. Certainly shouting abuse at them when they're having a bad day or things aren't going right isn't going to be helpful at all, so why bother?

Based on nothing more than 50 years of supporting the Lichties, there are always fans who seem to delight in criticising players, management and board. Every club has them. Some worse than others.

I seem to think we actually sacked the great Albert Henderson after his magnificent spell of success.

Yup.

You always notice these types too as the ones that are happy, the majority, don't spend the whole game shouting praise, always hear the negative stuff.

I've only heard the guy I mentioned actually moan at the games but a few seem to still have petty grudges even on here.

Sure DC will win them round. Guy moaning on Saturday certainly looked like a bit of a dafty after Bobby got his 3 goals. :)

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Highlights have been re-uploaded, Skellys, Bobbys 2 and 3rd and Stirlings second goals missing. Quite how Stirling's third goal stood is beyond me.

We had a goal wrongly ruled offside in the first half so that evens it up.

It looks like Brown (number 12) might be playing him onside. If you look at Little at the far left he claims for offside then turns around and notices Brown behind him and gets angry at that and stops claiming

Good spot there.

Archived