Stenny v Airdrie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a time when we could  not beat them, but they don't appear to have improved their squad. McMenamin is always a threat but he might be "getting on" a bit. I would think there will be few changes in the team from that resolute defence on Saturday. Need to get a bit more from the wide players. Let's hope we do better this season.

6 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I would be surprised if Airdrie don't win by 3 goals.

We are just not good enough.

Not trying to put the boot in. I went to the game you played rangers 20s, cook had a half decent game and mcmenamin was a threat in the air. Gilhaney who I have always found a good player looks unfit. The Stenny team are a threat at set peices but the defense looked a bit slow. I think theirs going to be about 4 or 5 times fighting relegation this season. You can tell though the stenny teams a little investment.

It's being realistic, not putting the boot in. We have the smallest budget in the league and so obviously will have the poorest squad. Apart from Kerr I wouldn't say we are massively a threat from set plays in all honesty.

We lack any real pace and flair which is the main issue and are relying on a 96 year old striker to work his testicles off as well as give us a decent goal return. All the players are trying their best and you can't really have any qualms with that.

20 minutes ago, Neilly said:

It's being realistic, not putting the boot in. We have the smallest budget in the league and so obviously will have the poorest squad. Apart from Kerr I wouldn't say we are massively a threat from set plays in all honesty.

We lack any real pace and flair which is the main issue and are relying on a 96 year old striker to work his testicles off as well as give us a decent goal return. All the players are trying their best and you can't really have any qualms with that.

We rely on Colin too much. All we do is cross balls in to him. Don't see why we don't have more shots from further out. Alan Cook has had a few go in.

Also, nice to see you back Neilly. 

Stick on 1-0 Stenny then, with the 96 year old with no testicles to score ?

1 hour ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Stick on 1-0 Stenny then, with the 96 year old with no testicles to score ?

Mcmenamin isn't the quickest so I am confident fitz and boetang will keep him quiet. Cook does look physically stronger, and should be a good challenge for Stewart. I believe we will have more possession and that Conroy is more than capable of bossing the midfield and with Ryan and Russell up top it will be to much for stenny. I hope Kevin is fit also as the more pace we have the more trouble we will cause stenny. I Just feel with Kevin,Adam,Russell Ryan and conroy it would take a big performance from stenny to get anything from the match.

Archived