Hibernian v Morton

Sky Sports putting fake crowd noises in the highlights package of the game :lol: would rather they just kept it silent and put a wee note saying "Apologies for the lack of audio"

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Duke of Argyll said:

You are a total drain on the Inverclyde Council Tax Payer...and by the way ..the litter in Gourock is disgraceful. 

12 hours ago, Duke of Argyll said:

Vt.   .      From Port Glasgow to Gourock... your journey is complete list..2

tumblr_ktu6uin5CS1qa3us1o1_400.jpg

Oh look: it's another gibbering mess of a poster on P and B. 

Utterly spineless performance from Morton, and WTF has happened to Derek Gaston?  He seemed to have learned that keepers can come for crosses but on Saturday he was rooted to his line.

The way Duffy set the team up with the two Hibs wide players left in acres of space on the touchlines with no defender within 25 yards was crazy.  No wonder they could get crosses in at will.  Great fourth goal by the way - fantastic cross and a terrific finish from Brian Graham.  Still not as impressive as his goal against Cowdenbeath at Cappielow a few years ago though.

No complaints about the result although I thought the second goal looked like a foul on the keeper, but we need some decent players urgently.  We are playing what looks like a youth team, small and lightweight, and they had no chance against those big boys.  Our 18 year old striker barely got a look in and our midfield was as bad as I can ever remember a Morton midfield.

14 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Utterly spineless performance from Morton, and WTF has happened to Derek Gaston?  He seemed to have learned that keepers can come for crosses but on Saturday he was rooted to his line.

The way Duffy set the team up with the two Hibs wide players left in acres of space on the touchlines with no defender within 25 yards was crazy.  No wonder they could get crosses in at will.  Great fourth goal by the way - fantastic cross and a terrific finish from Brian Graham.  Still not as impressive as his goal against Cowdenbeath at Cappielow a few years ago though.

No complaints about the result although I thought the second goal looked like a foul on the keeper, but we need some decent players urgently.  We are playing what looks like a youth team, small and lightweight, and they had no chance against those big boys.  Our 18 year old striker barely got a look in and our midfield was as bad as I can ever remember a Morton midfield.

Packing the middle and leaving our only two wide players deserted in acres of space was exactly how to beat Hibs until recently. I don't think of Duffy as a tactical genius but he was one of the first to realise that last year and exploited it brilliantly.

It wasn't an unreasonable shout to try it again. The difference is we now have much better movement in midfield and are more versatile up front.

The noticeable difference in Morton was the lack of a counter attacking threat. We were lucky to only lose 3-0 in that last game with how badly we were getting ripped apart on the break. Didn't see any of that on Saturday, it was an incredibly easy day for the defenders.

Wasn't at St Mirren but by all accounts we've had the cigars out the last few weeks. I'd like to see us keep our foot on the gas and rack up a properly humiliating score against someone early doors this season. Teams haven't feared playing us in recent years, we ought to change that if we are going to win the league.

When teams are hoping to come away with a narrowish defeat, you've won before the game starts.

3 hours ago, vikingTON said:

tumblr_ktu6uin5CS1qa3us1o1_400.jpg

Oh look: it's another gibbering mess of a poster on P and B. 

Look...i think that you are a public-sector deficit..and the sooner you retire after 30 wasted years the better..and your responsibility for the amount of litter in Gourock is a disgrace. 

1 hour ago, Duke of Argyll said:

Look...i think that you are a public-sector deficit..and the sooner you retire after 30 wasted years the better..and your responsibility for the amount of litter in Gourock is a disgrace. 

It's pretty clear that you're a drain on all sorts of social services tbh. Log off and clean the spaghetti hoops off your top, thanks. 

2 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Packing the middle and leaving our only two wide players deserted in acres of space was exactly how to beat Hibs until recently. I don't think of Duffy as a tactical genius but he was one of the first to realise that last year and exploited it brilliantly.

It wasn't an unreasonable shout to try it again. The difference is we now have much better movement in midfield and are more versatile up front.

The noticeable difference in Morton was the lack of a counter attacking threat. We were lucky to only lose 3-0 in that last game with how badly we were getting ripped apart on the break. Didn't see any of that on Saturday, it was an incredibly easy day for the defenders.

I think Duffy has admitted that he got it wrong and for some reason wasn't expecting the pacy crosses.

I didn't realise Hibs had signed Grant Holt - he was a terrific striker for Norwich and even at 35 he's still pretty good.  And the fact is was Grant Holt confirms it was a foul on Gaston at the second goal.  Doesnae take any prisoners.  Great signing for Hibs.

We haven't replaced Denny Johnstone, and the loss of Bobby Barr, Alex Samuel and Declan McManus means we've gone backwards as far as attacking options are concerned.  Next season our youth players will have developed a bit more but they aren't ready for the sort of opposition we had on Saturday.  i don't think we will be relegated but top four is very very unlikely unless Duffy has a plan to strengthen the team in the next couple of days.

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

It's pretty clear that you're a drain on all sorts of social services tbh. Log off and clean the spaghetti hoops off your top, thanks. 

Spaghetti hoops?

Is that a Gourmet Gourock thing?

Pasta con le sarde is what I usually go for in Lafay Spa Lago di Garda. 

Thanks for playing though.

Shinnie looks like the truth at this level at least, and his partnership with McGinn should bring a lot of success. The crosses/balls into the box for the goals were very good but like last week, the defending against them was pretty bad.  Great play through the centre at around half an hour when Cummings should have scored, think it was McGinn - Shinnie - Holt before Cummings picked it up.

Archived