Giant Horses v Rock with Cannons

As simple as it sounds if you don't take chances you won't win. A point was the very least there for the taking, we lost another sloppy goal and fluffed every chance we had. Thommo was poor, Stevo probably our most effective player and subbed off. Not the worst result in the world but should've taken a point and I hope that doesn't hurt come the end of the season.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We deserved the win despite the first 20 minutes being brutal. The midfield balance was much better and once Taiwo went off I thought we had a good mix of players in there. Hippo wasn't as good as most people seem to be making out but it helped to have a direct outlet with pace.

Well we deserved a win but not by much.  Sibbald is so much better in the middle of the park, and the rest of the midfield was ok.

but seriously, get John Baird out of the starting 11.  He is utterly brutal.

Guest Back Post Misses
By the way Alan Martin pulled off two absolutely unbelievable saves in the 1st half today.

Scary how few points we'd have if we still had Flappy Karma McFlaperson between the sticks.

Is that the keeper who was at Spurs when he was a kid? They were two brilliant saves

Guest Back Post Misses
We deserved the win despite the first 20 minutes being brutal. The midfield balance was much better and once Taiwo went off I thought we had a good mix of players in there. Hippo wasn't as good as most people seem to be making out but it helped to have a direct outlet with pace.

Come on give the lad a break. We have been crying out for some pace and strength in the side and he gave us that in spades today.

I really don't know what Austin has done. Not injured I believe. He must be shaking his head when Baird is in the side week in week out.

We deserved to win. Apart from the first 15 minutes were in total control and once McCracken settled down we looked solid.

However we are still pretty punch less up front. Miller used where he is best. Last 20 minutes. Something to build on hopefully and results elsewhere meant we got closer to the pack.

Good to get the win and it was certainly an improved performance but it still needs to be better.

I thought Baird did well. Obviously as a striker he'll be judged on goals but his overall play was OK today. McHugh, Sibbald, Hippolyte and Kerr also played well.

Overall, a deserved win but still a lot of improvement needed. Confident we'll kick on from here.

Hippo wasn't as good as most people seem to be making out but it helped to have a direct outlet with pace.

Come on give the lad a break. We have been crying out for some pace and strength in the side and he gave us that in spades today.

Wasn't as bad as being made out. Created numerous chances and good ones but fluffed our lines and got what we deserved. To many times we won the ball deep and just hit it straight to them in the middle of the park.

Numerous chances? I can think of one shot on target where Rogers made a good save.

First half was pretty dire with hippo our best player by a mile. Poor old Sibbald stuck picking the ball up at the halfway line a mile away from where he's most dangerous. God knows why Houston persists with Taiwo wide right as he simply doesn't have the attributes to play there. Craigen one pass apart wasn't much better. We're crying out for a decent player out there. Second half sibbs was pushed forward which made a big difference although we then stopped giving hippo the ball for some reason. Still major worries over the front two who can't buy a goal just now . Better finishing and the game would've been much easier although the same could be said for Dumbarton who were equally powder puff up front unfortunately. Kidd did OK at right back although he doesn't seem to have much more to his game than Muirhead.  All in all a good 3 points but still a lot to do.

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Is that the keeper who was at Spurs when he was a kid? They were two brilliant saves

Don't think so, he was with Motherwell and Leeds in his younger days as far as I know.

1 minute ago, ka202 said:

Numerous chances? I can think of one shot on target where Rogers made a good save.

You are correct, Rogers had one save to make when Todd went clean through on his weak foot. It was a decent save, but one you'd expect him to make. Stevo went on a decent run inside the first ten minutes, but shot wide and we had a few Andy Stirling crosses just evade everyone but that was about it.

Why Stevie decided to give Barr (out since June) and Gaz (out since July) a run our in such a tight game with a glorified friendly next week is beyond me. The fact that Stevo and Joe Thomson went off for them was also utterly bizarre. I can't help but feel his subs cost us a point today, though it was fairly evident we were playing for a 0-0 from the off.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ah Leeds that's who it was. Played for the Scotland Under 21's?

Aye, I'm sure he was a highly rated prospect years ago, although so is every semi-competent young Scottish player playing for a decent sized club down south. On his showings for us so far I'm shocked he hasn't played more often at a higher level in his career. Made a wonder save on his debut, topped it a week later against Dundee United and might even have beaten it today.

The difference between him and Brown is remarkable. It's like they're playing two different positions. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Aye, I'm sure he was a highly rated prospect years ago, although so is every semi-competent young Scottish player playing for a decent sized club down south. On his showings for us so far I'm shocked he hasn't played more often at a higher level in his career. Made a wonder save on his debut, topped it a week later against Dundee United and might even have beaten it today.

The difference between him and Brown is remarkable. It's like they're playing two different positions. 

The save from Hypo's header was stunning

34 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I know I have mentioned it before but, I still have no idea how we ended up convincing Alan Martin to play for us in League 2 as little as two years ago.

Archived