Giant Horses v Rock with Cannons

Guest Back Post Misses

If Hypolyte, Austin and Kidd are not playing then you have to seriously question Houston.

Muirhead and Houston had a bust up after the game and Houston has hinted that McCracken will reappear.

I would guess we will squeek a result as there is a fans meeting on the Monday night as this regime always seem to wragg a result before these sort of things.

I would go with the diamond again

Rogers

Kidd McCracken Luca Leahy

Rankin

Taiwo Sibbs

Hippolyite

Austin McHugh

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Hypolyte, Austin and Kidd are not playing then you have to seriously question Houston.

Muirhead and Houston had a bust up after the game and Houston has hinted that McCracken will reappear.

I would guess we will squeek a result as there is a fans meeting on the Monday night as this regime always seem to wragg a result before these sort of things.

I would go with the diamond again

Rogers

Kidd McCracken Luca Leahy

Rankin

Taiwo Sibbs

Hippolyite

Austin McHugh

I agree with hippo and Austin bpm but not with kidd. He looked really slow against Stirling and that doesn't change from game to game he's not tall either. Muirhead hasn't been great so far either but at least we know he has it in him per our defensive record last season

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I agree with hippo and Austin bpm but not with kidd. He looked really slow against Stirling and that doesn't change from game to game he's not tall either. Muirhead hasn't been great so far either but at least we know he has it in him per our defensive record last season

Did you read my post, be surprised if Muirhead will play hence Kidd coming in. Houston signed him to give us balance at fullback. Play the lad and lets see what he has. If he doesnt trust him v Dumbarton at home why sign him?

48 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Kidd looked like he had a decent touch but I don't know why he signed him after the killie game when he talked about physicality

I'd only play Kidd as a wide midfielder or wing back, not in a back four. He looked lost positioning wise in a back four. Queens fans backed up my thots of Kidd regard of better as wing back and better going forward. Muirhead hasn't done owt wrong last couple of games and is a player that I reckon is easy to fall out with and that Saturday wasnt  the first.

What we need is a settled 11/12 and formation to stick to with the upcoming games, this chopping and changing isn't helping. I personally feel that 3-5-2 is the way forward with the squad we have, only we are missing a Scott McKenzie type to organise it....

If Muirhead has been dropped due to bust up I'd go

.                 Rogers

.         Luca cracks Watson 

kidd                               Leahy

Kerr

Rankin               hippo

sibbs

.                   Austin

22 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

If Muirhead has been dropped due to bust up I'd go

.                 Rogers

.         Luca cracks Watson 

kidd                               Leahy

Kerr

Rankin               hippo

sibbs

.                   Austin

Personally don't think we need a back 5 v Dumbarton

Finding it a bit bizarre (and encouraging) that Falkirk don't have a settled team. Losing Alston and Vaulks is a bit of a blow but it looked like you'd recruited well and I expected you to pick up where you left off last season but just about every one of you have posted a different line up that you'd like to see. 

Given that we'll be about 90% certain to name the same team for the third week running, and that we've looked like a fairly solid defensive outfit in the last two weeks, I expect us to make this very difficult. The only way I can see us altering our line up is if Smith drops to the bench for Stirling or if we sign someone through the week (which Aitken has said he's after). Thompson v McCracken could be a very tasty battle.

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

It's not, it's 3 at the back with Kidd and leahy pushed up. Only so much you can convey on a phone.

I'd probably rather have another striker in there rather than wingbacks. At the same time we looked okay vs Hibs

8 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

I'd probably rather have another striker in there rather than wingbacks. At the same time we looked okay vs Hibs

Muirhead was the biggest weak link in the Hibs game as the wing back role isn't him, last two weeks tho he has been solid, no offence to Dumbarton and Elgin but we should looking to be on the front foot against them and 3-5-2 should do that and accommodate the 19 midfielders we have.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Given that we'll be about 90% certain to name the same team for the third week running, and that we've looked like a fairly solid defensive outfit in the last two weeks, I expect us to make this very difficult. The only way I can see us altering our line up is if Smith drops to the bench for Stirling or if we sign someone through the week (which Aitken has said he's after). Thompson v McCracken could be a very tasty battle.

I'd have thot the element of payback, show what I can do etc will keep Smith in....but Smith doesn't have emotions, we obviously tried to big him up last season, every opportunity our management and players mentioned how well he was doing when in reality it was short flashes that didn't last.

I'm guessing similar form has continued ?

Just now, MrDust said:

Muirhead was the biggest weak link in the Hibs game as the wing back role isn't him, last two weeks tho he has been solid, no offence to Dumbarton and Elgin but we should looking to be on the front foot against them and 3-5-2 should do that and accommodate the 19 midfielders we have.

I'd have thot the element of payback, show what I can do etc will keep Smith in....but Smith doesn't have emotions, we obviously tried to big him up last season, every opportunity our management and players mentioned how well he was doing when in reality it was short flashes that didn't last.

I'm guessing similar form has continued ?

Smith has been fine really, he can run with the ball which helps a team like us out when we're under pressure and his crossing has been nowhere near as bad as described by some Falkirk/Raith fans. I just feel he lets himself down on the defensive side of things by failing to track runners which has left our young, on loan left back slightly exposed at times. I agree that Smith should feel he has something to prove on Saturday and I definitely wouldn't be against him starting, but if he keeps ignoring his defensive duties then I can see Andy Stirling (who we all expected to be one of the first names on the team sheet) taking his place.

I like Smith, he's an honest wee winger who knows his limitations and sticks to what he's good at - getting balls into the box. Far too often we've had guys shunted out there who try and skin everyone, cut inside constantly or don't like running with the ball and he does all 3 which is good.

His delivery has impressed me, sure there's a few times where he'll hit the first man but because he sticks in so many crosses in a game so it doesn't matter much. As The Moonster says the thing that lets him down is his defending - it's not that he doesn't try, he'll run all the way to the by-line if needs be, it's the intelligence of the runs he makes. He'll rarely track a runner for example and that, more often than not, leads to Harvie having to deal with a 2 on 1.

He does seem to be benefiting from regular starts and his performances are always consistent. Not world beating, but by no means poor, he's a pretty solid 6.5/7/10 every week.

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

Muirhead hasn't done owt wrong last couple of games and is a player that I reckon is easy to fall out with and that Saturday wasnt  the first.

I think he would argue with a signpost.

I'm amazed he is not sent off every match he plays, there is always the blatant push or kick when he is frustrated.

Probably being out of position doesn't help.

14 minutes ago, Super Tuesday said:

I think he would argue with a signpost.

I'm amazed he is not sent off every match he plays, there is always the blatant push or kick when he is frustrated.

Probably being out of position doesn't help.

As could be seen in the Hibs game when he blatantly tripped Henderson in the box following the McCracken 'handball penalty' incident. Should have been a penalty. 

Archived