Giant Horses v Rock with Cannons

The derby day of the oversized things near your stadium - the Kelpies have now taken over from the wheel representing Falkirk, whilst the people of Dumbarton stick by their trusty rock that has served them for the past couple of million years.

It will be 266 days since our last away win by the time Saturday comes, but there is the faint sign of light at the end of the tunnel after a pretty decent showing against Morton at the weekend where, to be completely fair, three refereeing decisions cost us 2 points.

As for the Kelpie Merchants? The managerial Kelpie has made a faltering start to life after the impressive success enjoyed by the wheel last season...

Same team with perhaps Andy Stirling in for David Smith. I like Div, but two things he can't really do are use his left foot and defend. I'd imagine he'd have to do both again on Saturday and so having the naturally better at both those things Stirling in the side.

Was it a Falkirk fan who said he didn't like nicknames? I think it was, so in tribute I've done our team lineup with a personalised twist.

Alan 'Aldo' Martin

Craig 'Petts' Pettigrew Gregor 'Buchy' Buchanan Mark 'Sparky' Docherty Daniel 'As yet unknown' Harvie

Josh 'The Toddfather' Todd Grant 'Gal' Gallagher Joseph 'Joe' Thomson Andrew 'Andy' Stirling

Ryan 'Stevo' Stevenson

Robert 'BerbaThom' Thomson

Looks like we'll have Darren Barr back on the bench for this one, so that's finally some good news injuries wise. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, what's happened with you guys this year? Really expected you to hit the ground running.

As for us, after a shaky start we're starting to look quite hard to beat and we have some key players now returning from injury. Aitken said Barr was at 90% fitness so with another full week training I wouldn't be surprised to see him start but more likely that he comes off the bench. I agree that I'd like to see Stirling start in place of Smith, although I expect Smith will be right up for it (or he should be) given the pelters he gets from the Bairns.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

In all seriousness, what's happened with you guys this year? Really expected you to hit the ground running.

As for us, after a shaky start we're starting to look quite hard to beat and we have some key players now returning from injury. Aitken said Barr was at 90% fitness so with another full week training I wouldn't be surprised to see him start but more likely that he comes off the bench. I agree that I'd like to see Stirling start in place of Smith, although I expect Smith will be right up for it (or he should be) given the pelters he gets from the Bairns.

Stick on to score, surely?  Or does that only happen to us?

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Don't think we've played the same starting 11 in any of our competitive matches so far this season, we've no consistency in line up or formation and Houston seems to have some unwavering loyalty to Baird who is so off form it's not true. There's a general malaise about too, our board are a shower of pound hungry tossers and even if they released cash not totally sure Houston could be trusted to invest it well.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I can't actually remember the last time a player scored for us against his former side. Prunty against Airdrie/Alloa?

Thomson v Dunfermline 

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I can't actually remember the last time a player scored for us against his former side. Prunty against Airdrie/Alloa?

Darren Barr scored against us last season for you.

Archived