Same old same at Parkhead. Miss big chance, lose goal just before half time to go in behind, then inevitable collapse at some stage in the second half. No complaints at Celtic winning, thoroughly deserved it with two cracking strikes in the first half.

Absolute tactical suicide from McInnes to sit deep with a 5 at the back. But even if we had had a fully fit team, we wouldn't have taken anything on Saturday, Celtic's attack is just too good.

Individually, our players were not overly bad, McLean was his increasingly usual quiet self, Reynolds conceded the now standard stupid penalty giveaway at Parkhead and McGinn was fairly quiet all in.

O'Connor did well in midfield, but we could do with an extra midfielder in by the end of Wednesday. A number 10 to play behind the striker wouldn't go amiss as well (eg Cammy Smith). Had little penetration through the middle again, which is a concern.

The idiots fighting outside Turnstiles Bar at the end deserve whatever comes their way. Tubes.

Good day out with pals that I haven't seen in a while, a surprising betterment of recent Parkhead visits, helped by a proper kick off time.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Same old same at Parkhead. Miss big chance, lose goal just before half time to go in behind, then inevitable collapse at some stage in the second half. No complaints at Celtic winning, thoroughly deserved it with two cracking strikes in the first half.

Absolute tactical suicide from McInnes to sit deep with a 5 at the back. But even if we had had a fully fit team, we wouldn't have taken anything on Saturday, Celtic's attack is just too good.

Individually, our players were not overly bad, McLean was his increasingly usual quiet self, Reynolds conceded the now standard stupid penalty giveaway at Parkhead and McGinn was fairly quiet all in.

O'Connor did well in midfield, but we could do with an extra midfielder in by the end of Wednesday. A number 10 to play behind the striker wouldn't go amiss as well (eg Cammy Smith). Had little penetration through the middle again, which is a concern.

The idiots fighting outside Turnstiles Bar at the end deserve whatever comes their way. Tubes.

Good day out with pals that I haven't seen in a while, a surprising betterment of recent Parkhead visits, helped by a proper kick off time.

I thought McGinn was awful on Saturday, didn't seem to look interested for me. Your number 8 looked good, cant mind his name now.

Was this fighting outside the stadium at the end? I need to walk past the away fans to go round the stadium and noticed a bit of arguing between some Dons fans and the police. Couldn't see what was happening though.

What did the Dons fans think of the atmosphere on Saturday? One of the best games ive been to in the League for atmosphere in a while and I think the standing section is adding something special this season. Just hope the GB don't feck this up for us all.

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I thought McGinn was awful on Saturday, didn't seem to look interested for me. Your number 8 looked good, cant mind his name now.

Was this fighting outside the stadium at the end? I need to walk past the away fans to go round the stadium and noticed a bit of arguing between some Dons fans and the police. Couldn't see what was happening though.

What did the Dons fans think of the atmosphere on Saturday? One of the best games ive been to in the League for atmosphere in a while and I think the standing section is adding something special this season. Just hope the GB don't feck this up for us all.

McGinn has about one game in six where he genuinely looks interested and becomes a match winner. That game was last week against Thistle, the next one will likely be Sevco at home.

Aye, just outside Turnstiles, Police were in quickly so the fight didn't last all that long. Boy's in their mid-to-late twenties pretending they're in Green Street.

Atmosphere was pretty good from both sets of fans, helped that a big home support turned up. The standing section has added big time to the atmosphere.

What are you saying though? Are you claiming that the refs are being biased against Aberdeen?

ETA: Hayes red card was well deserved as well in the 2-1 game last season

I wasn't really saying anything other than flippantly underlining that we had conceded our obligatory penalty and red card against Celtic. I was subsequently harangued into providing some evidence and I foolishly engaged with the request.

I will say no more on the topic (until we give away a sh1ter of an obligatory pen in the next fixture).

6 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Aye, just outside Turnstiles, Police were in quickly so the fight didn't last all that long. Boy's in their mid-to-late twenties pretending they're in Green Street.

You must have missed the start of it then started by a a couple of kids that was about 12 or 13. It kick-off after that although it was dealt with quickly after that. 

Archived