• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

No, I haven't. We are still shit at Parkhead under McInnes, are you pretending otherwise? We beat them one in the cup under McInnes when we played outstandingly, Pawlett was at the top of his game and Robson was bossing games. We don't have a single player on the top of their game at the moment, that's just a fact. We are missing Hayes and Jack, two instrumental players.

You're just being dramatic now and trying to make me out like if you don't believe we'll win every game, you're a shite fan. I get behind the team and don't boo a single Aberdeen player. I don't however blindly believe we will win every game, particularly games at Celtic Park ffs, because I'm a realist. If you truly believe we'll win, then good on you. I don't.

I wouldn't say we have been shit but we haven't got results that our play has deserved but at least McInnes has attacked them compared to every other managed since the mid 90's have went there to defend for large parts of the game. Watch McInnes set us up to defend now! lol

Most of the team managers  in the league have the beating of mcinnes.   who IMO does not have the level of tactical ability I would have expected.

Their new manager should have us sussed out by the 10 minute mark.

just like the europeans did quite easily.

I've never seen us beat by Celtic at parkhead , - I have been there plenty times.(when it was all standing)

But back then we had a manager who inspired the players & fans with the surety that we would get a result.

1 minute ago, babu said:

Most of the team managers  in the league have the beating of mcinnes.   who IMO does not have the level of tactical ability I would have expected.

I've never seen us beat by Celtic at parkhead , - I have been there plenty times.(when it was all standing)

But back then we had a manager who inspired the players & fans with the surety that we would get a result.

Got to be fishing with the first sentence

Hope this link works. My first game at Celtic Park.

Bobby Connor, godlike genius.

Happy days.

Look at the Aberdeen support there. That section must've held anywhere between 5,000-7,000 & it looks fairly full. These days you get only about 900-1200 coming down.

9 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Look at the Aberdeen support there. That section must've held anywhere between 5,000-7,000 & it looks fairly full. These days you get only about 900-1200 coming down.

The main reason is that it is £29 for the worst view of any of the grounds we go to - for Celtic to claim they are charitable club they don't half rip off their fans for tickets. We always have a bigger support at most of the other games than Celtic/Rangers but I know so many that won't go to Rangers or Celtic games due to their fans

Presumably "back then" Celtic didn't have a budget that dwarfed ours by the margin as it does now which I'd argue is the overriding factor there.

The gaffer is doing just fine.

11 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

These days we tend to pretty much fill what we're given. Give or take a few games like the post split match last season.

In three full seasons:

3 of the managers in the league have never faced McInnes' Aberdeen.

2 have played us and failed to beat us in the league.

3 have got the better of him once.

That leaves Neilson, McIntyre and Wright who have beaten his side more than once. Neilson plays for the draw every time he faces us, we've beaten McIntyre's County side 6 times with one of the defeats being an end of season dead rubber. Admittedly, Tommy Wright seems to know how to get points against us but 1 out of 11 isn't most of the league.

4 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Presumably "back then" Celtic didn't have a budget that dwarfed ours by the margin as it does now which I'd argue is the overriding factor there.

The gaffer is doing just fine.

Not in the league, but we did very well in Europe against Teams with a far superior budget.

The tactics this season so far have consisted of aimlessly punting high balls , giving away possession needlessly.

Unless he can change and get the team to play at their own tempo, with good movement & accurate passing, I am afraid we are in for a superior thumping.

10 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

In three full seasons:

3 of the managers in the league have never faced McInnes' Aberdeen.

2 have played us and failed to beat us in the league.

3 have got the better of him once.

That leaves Neilson, McIntyre and Wright who have beaten his side more than once. Neilson plays for the draw every time he faces us, we've beaten McIntyre's County side 6 times with one of the defeats being an end of season dead rubber. Admittedly, Tommy Wright seems to know how to get points against us but 1 out of 11 isn't most of the league.

St Johnstone, Ross co , Inverness ,hearts consistently get the better of us.   Celtic are a given. Newco we havent played but twith their improved team I dont fancy our chances.  Partick should have drawn   we were luck to win thaat one.   etc. :)

8 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

No, I haven't. We are still shit at Parkhead under McInnes, are you pretending otherwise? We beat them one in the cup under McInnes when we played outstandingly, Pawlett was at the top of his game and Robson was bossing games. We don't have a single player on the top of their game at the moment, that's just a fact. We are missing Hayes and Jack, two instrumental players.

You're just being dramatic now and trying to make me out like if you don't believe we'll win every game, you're a shite fan. I get behind the team and don't boo a single Aberdeen player. I don't however blindly believe we will win every game, particularly games at Celtic Park ffs, because I'm a realist. If you truly believe we'll win, then good on you. I don't.

This is essentially where I am as well 

Celtic were there for the taking last season and we stumbled badly towards the end, they look a much stronger and effective team this time around 

If we do pull it off I'll be the happiest Dandy on here. FACT.

St Johnstone, Ross co , Inverness ,hearts consistently get the better of us.   Celtic are a given. Newco we havent played but twith their improved team I dont fancy our chances.  Partick should have drawn   we were luck to win thaat one.   etc. [emoji4]

St Johnstone beat us more than they should.

We've beaten Ross County five times out of seven.

We were shafted by the ref twice against ICT last season. Won 4/4 the season before.

Hearts beat us 3 times last season, we beat them twice. One of the defeats was a end of season dead rubber.

Tommy Wright is the only manager that you could claim consistently gets the better of us.

G-Man I think you are going over the top but I understand and agree with the sentiment.

We do have a largely negative fanbase at times, especially at home and there is unfair abuse targeted at Mcginn and Jack.  100% agree.

However, I also share others negative feeling about tomorrow, I could well be wrong about that but our record at Parkhead is abysmal.  I was there for the SC replay win and the SC win 2 years ago but those are one-offs in several doings we've taken over the years.  It's the familiarity and predictability of it all.  

We start alright, defend well, create a few half chances, then we concede.  And then we concede again, and immediately I want the game to end there and then.

I preferred losing 4-3 after having been 3-1 up to that depressing inevitability of a 3-0 defeat or whatever.

Archived