Motherwell vs Dundee FC

Thought we were pish for long spells. Putting Johnson and Ainsworth on opposite wings doesn't work imo because neither are tight dribbler when taking on a man so when cutting inside they tend to overrun it and have to play a sideways or backwards pass. Neither has the ability to cross on the run with their bad foot so it takes away the possibility of going down the line. And without attacking fullbacks it made our attack very narrow and easy for Dundee. We were restricted to pot shots from range.

I'm not really sure what our attacking plan is. We play all these really hard balls into McDonald but even if he wins them he struggles for control and to find an attacking pass. And it moves him away from goal taking him out of any subsequent attack. Johnson got down the left once in the first half but McDonald was 30 yards behind play so the ball was cut back to midfielders arriving on the edge of the box.

23 hours ago, JockysJetpack said:

What did folk think/see with El Bakh and Taits wee coming together? I missed the first bit but from what I saw it seemed El Bakh motioned his head forward (very tamely!) but in this day and age...

Tait started it imo. It won't be the first time he will get dumped over the hoarding and I didn't think there was too much in that challenge. Once Tait came back on he gave a shoulder and then squared up putting his head in. El Bakhtaoui then did the same. Nothing really in it as far as a headbutt goes. Yellow cards for being idiots would have sufficed although Tait was more in danger of a red if there was a more on the ball ref than Andrew Dallas

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only judging from the highlights, but...

Looked very much like it is, two teams who have lost their focal point over the summer. Us without Moult and Dundee without Hemmings means that there are players in unfamiliar roles trying to figure out quite how it works for them. 

Happy to take a point and a clean sheet into the international break, feel that Dundee probably think the same.

Just watched the hour of Alba highlights. Back 4 (inc. Chalmers) seemed to have been comfortable particularly Heneghan and McManus. It's a bit weird that folk were praising Craigan's u20s the other week for their possession based game yet this week the first team look to have adopted a similar sort of approach and have been getting grief for it from some sections.

Having said that if those extended highlights are anything to go by it's probably to say we never *really* looked like scoring if we were just having digs from 20yards. Some decent efforts though.

From the looks of things Samson had 3 shots to actually deal with. One was a pass-back from El Bahktaoui, he spilled the other two shots that were straight at him. First choice goalkeeper who apparently can't catch a ball. He gives me the absolute fear.

Just watched the hour of Alba highlights. Back 4 (inc. Chalmers) seemed to have been comfortable particularly Heneghan and McManus. It's a bit weird that folk were praising Craigan's u20s the other week for their possession based game yet this week the first team look to have adopted a similar sort of approach and have been getting grief for it from some sections.

They'll struggle to please the 'Git it up the park-who the fucks that tae' section of the support .

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Been a good thread this. I reckon Motherwell are my favourite 'other' team in the league, the club and the fans. Good luck to you lads.

Yes, I particularly enjoyed it when they fucked over the sevco.

Archived