Motherwell vs Dundee FC

Feel as if we're to go on and have a decent season, we really need to win this one or at the very least - not lose. We're walking wounded, we're missing that little bit of creativity that we were known for last season. Hopefully we can get a reinforcement in before this game kicks-off as we look extremely thin on the ground.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Feel as if we're to go on and have a decent season, we really need to win this one or at the very least - not lose. We're walking wounded, we're missing that little bit of creativity that we were known for last season. Hopefully we can get a reinforcement in before this game kicks-off as we look extremely thin on the ground.

Ditto for Well.

3 losses in a row would not be terminal, but even this early on would suggest a bottom 6 finish, even if last season we were in relegation trouble and finished 5th. That is unlikely to happen again.

I think we have a decent team and good enough for mid table. I hope I am proved right. We are also at home.

I am going for 2-1 Well.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I was looking at the Dundee team this season and without Hemmings and Stewart, hell, even Harkins who had a habit of scoring against us, it looks very mediocre to me.  Certainly don't think you have a better team than us. 

I'd expect us to win a home tie against that level of opposition.

Only worry I have is that we withdrew an offer for El Bakhtaoui and now he's coming to our place with the chance of a debut goal. 

I'm more concerned about our midfield getting absolutely bodied by O'Hara tbh.

I'd like to think if Brill plays with the u20s during the week and gets through that OK then he may be in with a shout for this game. Samson has been unconvincing at best. Not to scapegoat him as the back 4 has a part to play in all of that but at the same time we've only managed 2 clean sheets with Samson in goals (vs East Stirringshire and Stranraer) and it's fair to say we don't look like tightening up any at the back. Which isn't to say that Brill is the "answer" but we look guaranteed to concede at least one a game with things as they stand.

If Johnson and Ainsworth turn up then there's no doubt they can get at the Dundee full backs. After that it's a case of whether we can take enough chances and sort ourselves out at the back and cut out the cheap goals we've been conceding.

Think motherwell will have too much pace out wide for us to deal with. As Ludo mentioned, we really lack the creative spark to create good chances at the moment. We do look more dangerous from set pieces this season, so that's probably our best chance of success.

Dundee to win 4-0. All four scored by O'Hara, who Kilmarnock released on a free after playing him out of position.

If Craig Samson plays Dundee are guaranteed a tap in after he palms a shot straight out to a forward.

I'd like to see him charge out to the half way line again in attempt to wipe out one of our strikers and miss. Again.

Return to form for the Dee with a 3-1 victory and a text book away display. 

Back three with Gomis coming in alongside O'Dea and Julen. 

Midfield / WB's - Holt, Ross, Gowser, O'Hara, Kerr

Faiss and Wighton up top.

O'Hara to notch again, grey clouds lifted by 5pm Saturday and Mallan to be a Dee by 5pm the following Tuesday :) 

Would like to see another striking option and full back cover arrive this week but in all likelihood it will probably go down to the closing stages of the window.

1 hour ago, Georgi's young lad said:

Return to form for the Dee with a 3-1 victory and a text book away display. 

Back three with Gomis coming in alongside O'Dea and Julen. 

Midfield / WB's - Holt, Ross, Gowser, O'Hara, Kerr

Faiss and Wighton up top.

O'Hara to notch again, grey clouds lifted by 5pm Saturday and Mallan to be a Dee by 5pm the following Tuesday :) 

Would like to see another striking option and full back cover arrive this week but in all likelihood it will probably go down to the closing stages of the window.

Nice line-up.

We exceeded my expectations with our showing at Ibrox, which sounded like a vast improvement on our performance against St.Johnstone the previous week. 

However despite the improved performance, the story and the result were ultimately the same as last week. We've taken the lead and ended up with nothing again. However when you're struggling to convert the chances you're creating and have a propensity for giving away soft goals down the other end, you can't exactly be surprised when you end up with nothing.

Think having Moult and McHugh back will help with both problems, however neither are likely to be fit here so Saturday could be another struggle. 

Also means McGhee's team will pretty much pick itself here as he's basically came out and said the players on his bench at the minute aren't up to scratch. Which, considering it contains two of his summer signings and two of the clubs supposed brighter prospects, is slightly worrying.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee to win 4-0. All four scored by O'Hara, who Kilmarnock released on a free after playing him out of position.

Justifying his 8k a week wages, which were freed up by getting Kevin Thomson's 10k a week off the books.

Can't see us taking anything from his game if Vincent starts, he brings nothing to the midfield and gives the ball away virtually every chance he gets. Hopefully McGowan will be back fit for this one. Motherwell have been a decent opponent for us the last few seasons, so hopefully can nick a 2-1 win. Need to,play a lot better than against Hamilton to do that, though...

Archived