Dundee United v Raith

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt McKinnon could have taken Raith any higher than third or fourth given our resources. He's obviously got a much better chance of success at United. That's if he gets time. Will Thompson be as patient as Hibs were with Stubbs if promotion doesn't come immediately?

I doubt McKinnon could have taken Raith any higher than third or fourth given our resources. He's obviously got a much better chance of success at United. That's if he gets time. Will Thompson be as patient as Hibs were with Stubbs if promotion doesn't come immediately?

Aye, he's no John McGlynn.

Could forgive Raith fans for walking into wrong ground, we must of played at Dens a good 20plus times since we were at Tannadice. I've only been once in my life, when we won 3-2 featuring Sinky wonder strike.

Do Utd still have a 100% record v Barcelona? Nearly as good as our record of never going out of Europe against a side that didn't go on to win the trophy

My last Rovers game at Tannadice was when we beat them 3-2 I think Sinky got one of the goals  and I think Jason Dair got one but who got the third I just can't remember.  Another game against United that sticks in my memory is a league cup quarter final in the eighties we drew 0-0 there and lost 0-1 at home we should have beat them at Tannadice as Andy Harrow should have scored late onn in the game with a flashing header but unfortunately it was a shade to high.

32 minutes ago, Par hater said:

My last Rovers game at Tannadice was when we beat them 3-2 I think Sinky got one of the goals  and I think Jason Dair got one but who got the third I just can't remember. 

Dair scored the first two.

Last time I was at Tannadice was the season we got relegated. Wasn't the game that was mentioned on the previous page though. 

We won 3-2 Stevie Kirk scored a peach of a Free kick, and I'm sure one of our Scandanavian imports scored as well. I want to say Kent Bergeson, but it might have been Soren Anderson? Mind them? Who was the other player? I'm sure we had 3? 

Scrap that, found it. Game finished 2-1 and I was correct with the scorers! :) 

http://www.dufcarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=1549

Shame there's no highlights, Kirk's goal was great. 

Last time I was at Tannadice was the season we got relegated. Wasn't the game that was mentioned on the previous page though. 

We won 3-2 Stevie Kirk scored a peach of a Free kick, and I'm sure one of our Scandanavian imports scored as well. I want to say Kent Bergeson, but it might have been Soren Anderson? Mind them? Who was the other player? I'm sure we had 3? 

Scrap that, found it. Game finished 2-1 and I was correct with the scorers! [emoji4] 

http://www.dufcarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=1549

Shame there's no highlights, Kirk's goal was great. 

Yeah I remember being at that game as well. There was the fallout from Tommy McLean that season so that was a sweet victory.

Looking forward to this match. A win against McKinnon would be possibly even more enjoyable than Saturday was.

21 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

:lol:

It was your gaffer that signed him for us.

Nice telt, Zen.

20 hours ago, Cannon Fodder said:

You not seen the league table?

Nice telt, Cannon.

17 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

I am more pissed off at Utd actively seeking McKinnon and going public while we were in middle of play offs v Hibs.

They've got no class mate. Absolutely shameless.

Hopefully justice is done and our dark blue bredren dish out a pumping.

14 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's a Dundee United thread. They'll be here soon enough anyway, don't worry about that

11 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Benedictus loves the Derry. Bullet header 74th min. 1-0 Raith.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Nice telt, Zen.

Nice telt, Cannon.

They've got no class mate. Absolutely shameless.

Hopefully justice is done and our dark blue bredren dish out a pumping.

Hiya, self fulfilling prophecy! Hiya pal!

I'd like to hope a decent following will go through, given our great start and the pretty long gap in time since we last played at Tannadice. Dundee isn't far away either, and we usually take a decent support to Dens. A pretty good away day, all things considered. 

I'm pretty comfortable with the side we've been playing so far so would again leave things unchanged. In goal is a bit of a lottery at the moment, although given Lennox was left to hobble for 80mins you'd have to assume Cuthbert is nowhere near fit and was probably only on the bench as we had no-one else. 

This will be a bigger test than those we have faced so far - a team we expect will finish top 4 against relegation fodder and two sides who, like ourselves, should be aiming to compete for the top 4. We've taken first blood against St. Mirren and Dunfermline, so let's see what we can do against a team we realistically all expect to finish above us.  

17 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I reckon 700 would be excellent for us.  Even when top of the league in the run in we brought about 1k to Dens (Mcneil, Mcann, shudder) so cant see us bringing that much. 

I missed that day, but it brought me absolute joy when we ended their unbeaten run simply because of the fact their fans were unbearable during that time. They retained a ridiculous number of their squad during that period, and made it out as though it was some against the odds. They turned Barry Smith into some messiah figure. 

Seeing Allan Walker rattle in a 25 yard volley in off the bar to end that run was glorious. My mate and I were pishing ourselves at getting yelled at that our team were cheats on the way up the road, by a club who'd lurched their way into administration again. 

I missed that day, but it brought me absolute joy when we ended their unbeaten run simply because of the fact their fans were unbearable during that time. They retained a ridiculous number of their squad during that period, and made it out as though it was some against the odds. They turned Barry Smith into some messiah figure. 

Seeing Allan Walker rattle in a 25 yard volley in off the bar to end that run was glorious. My mate and I were pishing ourselves at getting yelled at that our team were cheats on the way up the road, by a club who'd lurched their way into administration again. 

That game was at Starks, I think the game Calderon was talking about was when we lost 2-1 in the last minute to a Neil McCann goal.

Edit to add: just re-read your post and noticed you said you missed that game and we're talking about the other one, my mistake.

If its Donalson at centre half then we will be beaten. If it's Durnan at centre half we will be beaten. Together, they will destroy us...

I would prefer to see Toshney and Dillon at the back with Robson left and Spittal right back even though I'm not a fan of him there. f**k, maybe Paul Dixon could fill in at right back! Would be an improvement on having either of Donaldson or Durnan anywhere at the back.

Actually, we could put a wheelie bin in defence and it would be better than either of them. Shitehawks.

When's this new defener signing?! What's Jon Daly up to on Saturday? Coud we glue Lee Wilkies knees back together maybe? Could Bowman play at the back? Whats Heagarty up to? Wonder if he fancies a kick about? Anyone?

Archived