Pars vs. Doonhamers

I think it might have been the second, I think we got beat the previous week against Partick?

It was. I thought it was the 4th as I was at the two cup games before the QoS one.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

He fits your argument though. He was a decent striker for us for one season.

Just checked and it was 03-04 he was with us. 16 goals in 38 appearances.

We topped the league for a spell that season. I remember Burke scoring the winner at Raith to keep us top.

He fits your argument though. He was a decent striker for us for one season.

Just checked and it was 03-04 he was with us. 16 goals in 38 appearances.

We were battling Hearts for third that season, beating the old firm on the way and reaching a cup final. Look at us now. Well worth nearly going bust for...

It was before Grant was born though. I didnt really consider anything more than 15  years old.

Pfft, been supporting Dunfermline for 17.

I just remembered we did give you Simmons and Potter, turns out we're not so great, soz.

I think we will be very lucky to get anything out of this tie need to keep it tight at the back Talbot and Fordyce to come in for Williamson and BRE and hopefully Wedderburn to come in for McCabe hopefully we can be more clinical this week than we were against Raith

Surely Graeme Robertson deserves a mention here.

He moved to Dunfermline from us and did well in the top flight.

Another player we handed the pars on a plate was Ian McCall, Nobby Clark had him already to sign from Queens Park during the summer of 86 but the board of directors would not pay the signing on fee McCall was looking for and he went to Dunfermline instead. Who as we all know sold him to one half of the brothers grim for a shed load of money !!! I understand the failure to sign McCall was just one of the reasons Nobby Clark resigned as manager that summer !!!

Glad the Pars are back up. I certainly plan the short hop, skip, and jump over the new road brig.

I. like EEP but have not seen us do particularly well there in recent times. Pleased Magic and Sandy have done well but, after Ayr and Falkirk, I would love it if we could get a result here cos it would give me " triple crown" bragging rights over my workmates.

Quite happy to see the same starting eleven start again. I agree about how well Brownlie has done; Chris Higgins will have a battleto get back into the team. Jacobs has been excellent too. I couldn't understand why James Fowler kept him on the fringes most of last season.

McManus, Vaughan & Stewart are very average players that caused us problems on Saturday. I'm worried to think what Dobbie could do. Hopefully have Wedderburn back, he's not the prettiest of players but he does the dirty work and frees Geggs further up the park. A new striker would be lovely.

8 minutes ago, JFPar said:

McManus, Vaughan & Stewart are very average players that caused us problems on Saturday. I'm worried to think what Dobbie could do. Hopefully have Wedderburn back, he's not the prettiest of players but he does the dirty work and frees Geggs further up the park. A new striker would be lovely.

McManus is a good player. Although he should never have bullied BRE (twice his size) as much. 

Good to go back to a nice, warm and cuddly pre-match discussion after the car crash of the Falkirk thread.  Even if it will make the Dobbie-inspired masterclass a touch less satisfying.

given the car crash that was the Raith thread so am i

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Queens are a good team. I don't think they get anywhere near the credit or attention their achievements have deserved. Would very much like to see you guys get a year or two in the top flight. 

You sly fox! :wub:

Archived