Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian, 27/08/2016

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fingers crossed Hearts can continue from where they left off yesterday. Really need to be winning against mid-lower Premiership sides if we have asperations of finishing 2nd or even matching last seasons 3rd.

Partick fans: I'm right in saying your main stand is listed, yeh? Any plans to renovate it? Particularly inside the stand.

Midlothian Fans: We spent large sums on building a 10,000 seater SPL compliant stadium and didn't overspend on players - the other clubs, 7 of whom including Midlothian subsequently went into administration by overspending on players, voted to change the rules and condemn Thistle to years in the Seaside Leagues. The man who pushed through the change of rules was the Midlothian Chairman. 

So tough luck on having to watch the game from our Old Main Stand. You should take a lesson form the Old Firm fans and trash our Stadium during a Youth Team Match and our Board would then let you have the Jackie Husband Stand and move Thistle Fans to the Main Stand.

3 minutes ago, Thistle Bonnet said:

Midlothian Fans: We spent large sums on building a 10,000 seater SPL compliant stadium and didn't overspend on players - the other clubs, 7 of whom including Midlothian subsequently went into administration by overspending on players, voted to change the rules and condemn Thistle to years in the Seaside Leagues. The man who pushed through the change of rules was the Midlothian Chairman. 

So tough luck on having to watch the game from our Old Main Stand. You should take a lesson form the Old Firm fans and trash our Stadium during a Youth Team Match and our Board would then let you have the Jackie Husband Stand and move Thistle Fans to the Main Stand.

Still - nice to be nice, isn't it? :)

17 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar said:

Hearts! Rangers ' wee sister.

:unsure:

Anyway.. Craig Levien should take laminate the team sheet and stick it to the Riccarton wall for next week so it can't be tinkered with. 

Just now, paranoid android said:

Two things, though - Walker will be available, and Paterson could be away.

True but if say that Paterson hasn't been sold then i think it should stay the same. These lads played well  yesterday and won 5-1 playing good football. 

Who does he drop Nicholson who score twice bit harsh and i think Paterson plays better when a non winger is in front of him as he is allowed to roam forward more. 

Would be nice to not totally shit the bed vs hearts this season. Last season they wiped their cock on our curtains, the 4-0 Scully led abomination at firhill was a real low point. 

Hopefully we have a new centre half as well by Saturday. 

The season of Wilson starts here. 

7 minutes ago, Dicko23 said:

True but if say that Paterson hasn't been sold then i think it should stay the same. These lads played well  yesterday and won 5-1 playing good football. 

Who does he drop Nicholson who score twice bit harsh and i think Paterson plays better when a non winger is in front of him as he is allowed to roam forward more. 

I agree - some folk would put Walker in ahead on Nicholson, but I would go with the same team as yesterday.

If Paterson's away, you either slot in Smith at RB, or shuffle the pack.

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I agree - some folk would put Walker in ahead on Nicholson, but I would go with the same team as yesterday.

If Paterson's away, you either slot in Smith at RB, or shuffle the pack.

I would say if Paterson is gone this week then Smith surely would come in but knowing our manageri i think he would shuffle and have Souttar there and Bring in Ozturk

Wouldn't do much for Nicholson if he was dropped after scoring twice.

6 hours ago, sjc said:

Partick fans: I'm right in saying your main stand is listed, yeh? Any plans to renovate it? Particularly inside the stand.

Since your last visit they've fixed the hot water in the toilets and cleaned the bird shit off the seats. Luxury.

I think the last time we beat Hearts at Firhill, Andy Thompson scored the winner. 

I'll always remember that day because of what happened to a Hearts mini-bus. Group of Hearts fans park their mini-bus in a side street just off Garscube Road. Couple of wee guys who couldn't have been older than 12 approached them. 

"Watch yer bus mister?"

"Haha, f**k off wee man. What are yous gonnae dae?"

After the game, said mini-bus had two broken windows and 4 flat tyres. The young entrepreneurs were back in business for the following home game.

Archived