Trapdoorwatch 2016-17

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jute said:

It was See up front today. Allum started from the bench.

As I said after the Cowden game a fortnight ago I was surprised that See had been on the bench so often. Started the last two and scored in both.

When you hear somebody describe a team as 'murder' or 'brutal' or 'a gang' you start wondering if they only ever go to home games. I've seen City at Meadowbank a couple of times and they've played some nice stuff. You also wonder if they were missing any important players today. I saw ICT at Perth today and they had Draper, a midfielder, at CH they were so thin on players. On that showing you couldn't blame the home fans for thinking they shouldn't be anywhere near the Premiership. The guy up front was probably Ross Allum btw. 

I've only seen them twice in fairness. Both times I've left extremely frustrated both because of them and because of how poor we've been. Totally stopped us from playing both times. Can see why there games have all been reasonably close. Set up not to get beat and it works.

Edinburgh City have played two games more than the majority of teams but they have picked up significantly. It's good to have some fresh blood in the league as does become stale going to the same places, season after season.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So Edinburgh City finally managed to move off the bottom of the table and Formartine just dismantled Annan in the cup.  Guess it's time to dust off this beauty of a quote:

Would have thought actually having something to play for makes for a more interesting season for the bottom six and if any support deserves the chance to watch their team rattle ten past an opponent its the guys that watched the Shire through season after season of struggles at the foot of the SFL/SPFL, so relegation isn't the end of the world.

The big question is, why do you care so much?

Montrose slip to the bottom for the first time this season and LTL straight away comes to the thread to share his wisdom typed with trembling hands.

We are in a bad moment. We should have a new coach this week and I am confidence we won't be anywhere near tenth at the end of the season.

No doubt you'll be bookmarking this as well. Weirdo.

26 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

The big question is, why do you care so much?

Montrose slip to the bottom for the first time this season and LTL straight away comes to the thread to share his wisdom typed with trembling hands.

We are in a bad moment. We should have a new coach this week and I am confidence we won't be anywhere near tenth at the end of the season.

No doubt you'll be bookmarking this as well. Weirdo.

:lol:

What does 'anywhere near tenth' mean?

If an LL club was promoted, it would mean 19 clubs in the HL. It would probably go from being very difficult to almost impossible to fit their season in before the playoffs start in mid-April when there is a bad winter, so it would almost certainly force a split into two divisions that a majority of HL clubs are bitterly opposed to.

Know this will sound bitter and petty but EC are absolute murder... HOWEVER they're extremely stuffy, they made us look like a shadow of ourselves today and had me absolutely seething the full 90. They frustrate, they are very organised, they work hard, the guy upfront wins a lot of soft free kicks and the guy upfront is also a very decent footballer who scores. Standout in their side.

One of them tiday. Where if we'd got a goal I think we would've won by 2 or 3 as they would have to change their plan.

If the guy uptop got injured I would be worried for them but if he stays fit then I think they've got more grit about them to stay up and grind out results than the likes of Montrose.

Happened to us in the 3 games we played them in a row . Just sit back and defend . Boring

Lot of disparaging comments about City's style of play, I'm clearly biased but not sure it stands up to scrutiny. Aye, away from home we play on the counter but I wouldn't have it any other way. At home though we generally create more chances and have more of the ball than the majority of our visitors. If we were more clinical we'd be comfortable in mid table.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If an LL club was promoted, it would mean 19 clubs in the HL. It would probably go from being very difficult to almost impossible to fit their season in before the playoffs start in mid-April when there is a bad winter, so it would almost certainly force a split into two divisions that a majority of HL clubs are bitterly opposed to.

The HL really needs to get this sorted. Surely it can be that problematic to create a division below the HL. 2 leagues of 12/14. Actually go and ask the North Juniors if they would like to join. It will certainly be easier to sort that side of the pyramid out rather than the continuing LL /Junior stand off.

Edinburgh City have not really been getting pumped more losing by odd goals most week.Ive seen them 3 times this season and all it took was a marginal improvement and the rub of the green to get them back in the hunt.When they knocked us out of the Scottish i knew it was only a matter of time.Montrose need to wake up pretty quick.

Archived