Trapdoorwatch 2016-17

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Clyde had one postponed when Broadwood was double booked with  BMX competition.

Last season's play off final. Home and away legs were swapped around to accommodate it. Never did find out who won the BMX event.

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 22:32, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The boy will be under armed house arrest all day.

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 13:31, superbigal said:

If buckie have done no wrong then they should list the boy in tomorrow's match.

Omitted from today's squad.

Buckie win HL on GD.

Ed City safe.

^^^ Berwick still have some "get out of jail cards" Dutch Borderer but it's not looking good and we might well have to hope others fook up in order to survive. Should Berwick finish bottom I can't see them winning a 2 legged affair.

The thing is even if Berwick do live to enjoy another SPFL 2 season, how much longer can the club expect to continue finishing in the bottom 5 and keep "getting away with it"? Nothing seems to have been learnt from the Montrose struggle 2 seasons ago or from Shire dropping out the league. The holidays are over and any club not getting that will be finding themselves at railed off farmers fields like Selkirk or travelling to towns that make the likes of Berwick and Montrose look like Barcelona.

^^^ Berwick still have some "get out of jail cards" Dutch Borderer but it's not looking good and we might well have to hope others fook up in order to survive. Should Berwick finish bottom I can't see them winning a 2 legged affair.
The thing is even if Berwick do live to enjoy another SPFL 2 season, how much longer can the club expect to continue finishing in the bottom 5 and keep "getting away with it"? Nothing seems to have been learnt from the Montrose struggle 2 seasons ago or from Shire dropping out the league. The holidays are over and any club not getting that will be finding themselves at railed off farmers fields like Selkirk or travelling to towns that make the likes of Berwick and Montrose look like Barcelona.

Chernobyl got a team in the Lowland League?

So still all to play for given Cowdenbeath will stay up if they win next week and either Clyde or Berwick lose given the way the goal difference looks at the moment. Think they've got a reasonable shot at it given Elgin's recent form has been less than stellar. Although it would be quite ironic to see the biggest pyramid enthusiast on here have his club relegated probably never to return thanks to the system he campaigned for, I'd marginally prefer to see Clyde exit given what they tried and failed to do to Hamilton Accies in 1970 assuming EK can finish off Buckie next week and then do the business in the playoff. Suspect Buckie would do another Brora Rangers style flop in the second leg if it's them given many of their fans and officials don't want to go up.

I fancy Montrose to beat Clyde,Berwick to draw with Edinburgh and Cowden to beat Elgin.Would still fancy Clyde to beat Buckie or more likely EK.Great last day of the season as all 5 games mean something.

So still all to play for given Cowdenbeath will stay up if they win next week and either Clyde or Berwick lose given the way the goal difference looks at the moment. Think they've got a reasonable shot at it given Elgin's recent form has been less than stellar. Although it would be quite ironic to see the biggest pyramid enthusiast on here have his club relegated probably never to return thanks to the system he campaigned for, I'd marginally prefer to see Clyde exit given what they tried and failed to do to Hamilton Accies in 1970 assuming EK can finish off Buckie next week and then do the business in the playoff. Suspect Buckie would do another Brora Rangers style flop in the second leg if it's them given many of their fans and officials don't want to go up.

I think you will find Brora Rangers beat Montrose in the 1st leg of the final playoff and were just 14 minutes from going up, so no crap about flops or throwing games. Good luck to Buckie in their second leg at EK . Whoever the winner let's hope they wallop Clyde in the playoffs and consign that crowd to a spell in purgatory.

I think you will find Brora Rangers beat Montrose in the 1st leg of the final playoff and were just 14 minutes from going up, so no crap about flops or throwing games. Good luck to Buckie in their second leg at EK . Whoever the winner let's hope they wallop Clyde in the playoffs and consign that crowd to a spell in purgatory.

See this is the sort of stuff you get when seen as a big club [emoji4]

Now toddle off to non league oblivion

We ain't going anywhere near the lowland league

3 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

See this is the sort of stuff you get when seen as a big club emoji4.png

Now toddle off to non league oblivion

We ain't going anywhere near the lowland league

I wish I shared your confidence. Our away record is the worst in the league by miles  and I can't see that changing based on today's fiasco and the shocking display at Forfar last week. Looks like EK in the play off and frankly I can't see us beating a team who are used to winning. They expect to win and frankly we go out every week expecting to lose. 

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^ monomaniac

^^Not enjoying the journey where the new playoff system is concerned.

Shire fans seem to have enjoyed their time in the LL this season, so relegation doesn't have to be the end of the world. The only club I'd really fear for in the bottom three in terms of being able to bounce back reasonably quickly would be Berwick Rangers, if finances meant they had to start relying on local players rather than bringing guys in from the Edinburgh area. They don't have clubs like Camelon available locally to raid for cheaper options on managers and players to do what the Shire did in terms of building a strong squad quickly after jettisoning the team that got them relegated.

On 30/04/2017 at 11:19, LongTimeLurker said:

^^Not enjoying the journey where the new playoff system is concerned.

I argued for relegation play offs long before they were ever introduced, you utter weirdo. I was taking issue with the notion that Brora chucked it in the year where we had to go through the play off.

Think the real reason for the animosity is that you don't like what I have posted elsewhere about Northern Ireland politics. Seriously doubt normal well-adjusted Montrose fans are spending too much time worrying about whether Brora Rangers really did field their strongest possible team two years ago when their club is on the brink of the playoffs and some genuine progress after many years in the doldrums.

Archived