Trapdoorwatch 2016-17

Bump.

Hearing apparently underway at Lossiemouth which may effectively seal the destination of this season's HL. It seems that it's a meeting of all member clubs sitting as the Highland League Committee of Management.

Apparently they've been bumped into the backroom by bingo night. No-one shout "house"...

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bump.

Hearing apparently underway at Lossiemouth which may effectively seal the destination of this season's HL. It seems that it's a meeting of all member clubs sitting as the Highland League Committee of Management.

Apparently they've been bumped into the backroom by bingo night. No-one shout "house"...

Only in Scotland that such an important meeting would get bumped by the Bingo. Can imagine all the auld dears chucking a hissy fit if someone nicked their seat of the last 50 years:lol:

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Only in Scotland that such an important meeting would get bumped by the Bingo. Can imagine all the auld dears chucking a hissy fit if someone nicked their seat of the last 50 years:lol:

I'm sure Meadowbank had a game postponed because it clashed with a cat or a budgie show. Clyde had one postponed when Broadwood was double booked with  BMX competition.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm sure Meadowbank had a game postponed because it clashed with a cat or a budgie show. Clyde had one postponed when Broadwood was double booked with  BMX competition.

I was at a couple of Cowden games at Meadowbank when we got punted on to the terrace when there were other things going on in the stand can't remember what though.

I was at an Edinburgh City game there last season in midweek and there were a couple of sprinters using the indoor track under the concourse when folk were coming in:lol:

16 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

According FN thread, where myself and what looks like a couple of hundred others are following a few posters on the spot - after 1hr 30min of deliberation, Buckie has been called in.

Buckie representative out of the meeting but it it still ongoing.

This is the guy to follow for updates I think - https://twitter.com/SPP_Chris

Just now, Clyde01 said:

Wrong, the match wasn't postponed. We switched the legs of our playoff tie, losing having home advantage in the second leg.

You're right of course. I should have known there would be a reasonable explanation from a club so professionally run.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Astonishing.

Can only presume the fact he did not go onto the park saved them.

Plus the fact that "Formartine Utd listed Max Berton in their squad against Buckie [in the same match] and he had also been recalled from Keith loan deal after March 31st deadline. A case of two wrongs making a right? or a "get out of jail free card" for Buckie. Either way sense has prevailed in the end. Can't see Strathspey beating Buckie on Saturday. Let's hope Buckie leave Callum Murray at home for this one :1eye

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Plus the fact that "Formartine Utd listed Max Berton in their squad against Buckie [in the same match] and he had also been recalled from Keith loan deal after March 31st deadline. A case of two wrongs making a right? or a "get out of jail free card" for Buckie. Either way sense has prevailed in the end. Can't see Strathspey beating Buckie on Saturday. Let's hope Buckie leave Callum Murray at home for this one :1eye

The boy will be under armed house arrest all day.

Archived