Ayr Utd V St Mirren 27/08

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Always enjoy a trip down to Ayr.

Was looking forward to the season with the players we signed that optimism soon came crashing to ground. No doubt there is talent in the team problem is it just looks a miss tatch of mush. Rae tactics are just not working. Ayr was always a tough game on their own patch and I don't think this will be any different. Rae better get his act together or the back lash will start. 

We're probably stuck with him to the end of the season unless we are bottom 2 after the first quarter Ian. He's a one trick pony with no plan B, he doesn't learn from past failings with team selection and he doesn't appear to know how to change or affect the course of a game when it requires change.

I expect he will play 3 in midfield for this game or risk the boot quicker than he expects.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

We're probably stuck with him to the end of the season unless we are bottom 2 after the first quarter Ian. He's a one trick pony with no plan B, he doesn't learn from past failings with team selection and he doesn't appear to know how to change or affect the course of a game when it requires change.

I expect he will play 3 in midfield for this game or risk the boot quicker than he expects.

I seem to remember Sutton coming on for Irvine against Morton to score the equaliser and Rae changing to 3-4-3.

Who are the 3 in midfield? Hutton, quite rightly, has got a bit of stick this season for being pretty useless so I'm presuming he wouldn't be in the team?

14 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

I seem to remember Sutton coming on for Irvine against Morton to score the equaliser and Rae changing to 3-4-3.

Who are the 3 in midfield? Hutton, quite rightly, has got a bit of stick this season for being pretty useless so I'm presuming he wouldn't be in the team?

Such are the limited choices available he will no doubt play Hutton and Mallan with McKenzie doing the DM role if he comes through the under 20's match without any reaction.

It's difficult to work out what he's likely to do as regards to the midfield, as he's already demonstrated his stubborn attitude towards change in a system that's failed.

it will take more than a fit Rocco Quinn to fix the current situation.

I reckon this will be a tight game, Ayr might have enough to win if Moore is fit but otherwise I think it'll be a score draw.

I would generally say that this is a must win game, being at home, but I'd be happy with a draw if it meant that the back four played well and the team picked up some confidence. 

Been a while since I've been down there. Any recommendations for good pubs between the station and ground?

Apart from the bowling club, of course.

Been a while since I've been down there. Any recommendations for good pubs between the station and ground?

Apart from the bowling club, of course.

Obriens at the station.
Twa Dugs........Galloway......Tam O'shanter

7 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Obriens at the station.
Twa Dugs........Galloway......Tam O'shanter

O,Briens is closed too just now - full refurbishment started about a week ago and is being re-named as drouthy neebours (which has been used in Ayr before) but no sign of it being completed for this weekend.

14 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Went there once. Once too many.

Used to be a money making machine with queues up the street back in the day..

Archived