Ayr Utd V St Mirren 27/08

Glad your in this division St Mirren.

What  a start from both teams, a six pointer already.

We're being found out badly and really need to take something whereas St Mirren also really need the points too. Didn't Saints have a rotten start last year?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Honestmen said:

Glad your in this division St Mirren.

What  a start from both teams, a six pointer already.

We're being found out badly and really need to take something whereas St Mirren also really need the points too. Didn't Saints have a rotten start last year?

And the year before that. And the year before that...

St.Mirren have half decent players, should be a good game. Maybe like Ayr, you'll take a while to get things running. Wouldn't expect St.Mirren to be in the bottom half of the championship, never mind bottom. (Though Im politely hoping that we royally hump them at Somerset. We really really fecking need to!) 

Ayr 2-1 St.Mirren 

2 hours ago, Andy Walkers love child said:

St.Mirren have half decent players, should be a good game. Maybe like Ayr, you'll take a while to get things running. Wouldn't expect St.Mirren to be in the bottom half of the championship, never mind bottom. (Though Im politely hoping that we royally hump them at Somerset. We really really fecking need to!) 

Ayr 2-1 St.Mirren 

Don't be ridiculous!! How are St Mirren going to score a goal?:unsure:

17 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

Was thinking we would've been on 1-3 points at this stage after 3 games when you take the fixtures into it. Where did you expect St Mirren to be sitting at the moment points wise?

I'd have been hoping for minimum 4 at this stage. 

I agree I was hoping for 4 but 1 point isn't a disgrace either. What's not acceptable is the lack of fight, leadership & desire.

Hutton just kicked the ball away after the second goal on Saturday at the kick off. Hoofed it back from the start. I would have subbed him immediately.

The next run of games are vital and after we've played everyone we will see where we are.

Our season already in danger of turning out to be a similar disaster to last season. Overloaded with strikers and defenders and absolutely nothing in midfield. 

The back four have been horiffic so far and we don't look like we could buy a goal.

Rae is a one trick pony who is taking us nowhere, I'll be glad to see the back of him.

13 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Our season already in danger of turning out to be a similar disaster to last season. Overloaded with strikers and defenders and absolutely nothing in midfield. 

The back four have been horiffic so far and we don't look like we could buy a goal.

Rae is a one trick pony who is taking us nowhere, I'll be glad to see the back of him.

Cool, swap some of our midfielders for your Defenders?

What's that well-known definition of insanity? The one about trying the same things and expecting different results?

If Rae goes into this game playing 4-4-2 then he deserves to go. 4-4-2 isn't attacking if there is no solid foundation. Rearranging the front line a bit and hoping for a miracle is clearly not working.

If Rae goes 4-4-2 again on Saturday and anything resembling the same starting XI,  then it's probably going to be time up in the eyes of the fans already.

I'm actually quite reluctant to call for his head at this point but persisting with the same tactics that fail to work time and time again is going to be the thing that ultimately kills his time here short. 

Always enjoy a trip down to Ayr.

Was looking forward to the season with the players we signed that optimism soon came crashing to ground. No doubt there is talent in the team problem is it just looks a miss tatch of mush. Rae tactics are just not working. Ayr was always a tough game on their own patch and I don't think this will be any different. Rae better get his act together or the back lash will start. 

Archived