La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

The Real Madrid-Almeria game at the weekend was possibly the worst officiated match I've ever seen. No wonder Almeria were raging. 

Edited by JMDP

9 hours ago, JMDP said:

The Real Madrid-Almeria game at the weekend was possibly the worst officiated match I've ever seen. No wonder Almeria were raging. 

I for one am shocked that real Madrid got a load of decisions in their favour just when they needed them ,sure girona will be raging too

The goal for Almeria to make it 3-1 being chopped off because of an accidental flailing hand catching Bellingham on his ear when challenging for the ball early in the move was very dodgy, and the ref tries to make it look more like a foul by booking the guy for it. But Vinicius Jr's goal being allowed to stand for the equaliser when he lead with his arm to get in front of the defender and even though he twists his body just as it hits him, it so clearly goes in off his upper arm and not his shoulder. And it's Barcelona who are being done for bribing refs, do Real Madrid just own them?

madrid2-2almeira.jpg

I thought madrid should not have got a pen because the player was pushed, Almeria goal for 3-1 should never have been disallowed, blatant dive by bellingham. However, I didn't think Vinicius' goal should be disallowed 

9 hours ago, s_dog said:

The goal for Almeria to make it 3-1 being chopped off because of an accidental flailing hand catching Bellingham on his ear when challenging for the ball early in the move was very dodgy, and the ref tries to make it look more like a foul by booking the guy for it. But Vinicius Jr's goal being allowed to stand for the equaliser when he lead with his arm to get in front of the defender and even though he twists his body just as it hits him, it so clearly goes in off his upper arm and not his shoulder. And it's Barcelona who are being done for bribing refs, do Real Madrid just own them?

madrid2-2almeira.jpg

Real Madrid TV put in a consistent effort to intimidate refs and spin a narrative that it's them who are always hard done by. It ends up dominating discussion before matches and putting pressure on referees. Common enough tactic I guess but utterly blatant. 

7 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

My opinion of Jude Bellingham has massively improved after this.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/02/02/jude-bellingham-reported-la-liga-mason-greenwood-slur-20211881/

The headline puts 'muttered vile slur' in single quotation marks, but nowhere in the article is anyone quoted as saying or suggesting it was vile. Inflammatory from the Diet Daily Mail?

Bellingham appears to be a top guy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Any way, short of a dodgy stream to watch the Copa del Rey final tonight?

Not checked myself but apparently you can watch it on Bet365. Probably have to place a bet on it first though.

8 minutes ago, aidan-bufc said:

Not checked myself but apparently you can watch it on Bet365. Probably have to place a bet on it first though.

Yeah, ended up watching it on their site. 

1 - 0 Mallorca at half-time.

If Athletic don't win, it will be 7 copa losses in a row. 

20240406_235505.thumb.jpg.341c9e617fd9a37f43b3e5bc1c18712c.jpgCongratulations to Athletic Club on their first major trophy in 40 years. (Theyve had a couple of super cups in the last few years). Also sloght relief, I assume, that they missed the not so magnificent 7.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

• 2 weeks later...

Bellingham is possibly the second best player on the go right now, behind only his future teammate Mbappe. Trying to get the best out them both in the same team will be a challenge for Ancelotti. He's the ideal coach for it, though, as its what he's best known for. With his early 2000s Milan team he used that unfashionable narrow 4-4-2 diamond so he could fit two playmakers in the team, Pirlo at the base of the diamond and Rui Costa (later Kaka) at the tip. This season with Real Madrid he's again used a midfield diamond where Bellingham plays at the tip. However, the two forwards play more like wingers, leaving the centre forward space open for Bellingham to arrive into. On paper, that system actually seems perfect for Mbappe to walk into as one of the two wide forwards (probably taking Rodrygo's place). Mbappe has complained at PSG any time he's been forced to play as a centre forward, insisting instead that he's a winger or wide forward. An attack of Bellingham, Vinicius and Mbappe next season and beyond, amazing.

The celebration after Bellinghams goal was great.

You have to admire Madrid for being able to go to Barca and beat them at their place after that midweek game against Man City. Great team.

Edited by 2426255

On 21/04/2024 at 21:44, RawB93 said:

Vázquez' celebration of slapping his arm like he was trying to find a vein was hilarious and unexpected. Are there rumours he's on the gear? I hope that's added to FIFA

I'd just spam the actual shite out it if it was. Sweaties galore just chasing the dragon in my opponents face. The thoughts that dreams are made from. Get it done, EA.

Edited by Derry Alli