La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

11 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Second greatest. Ronaldo has a career (club and international) goals to games ratio of 0.72 and Messi’s is 0.81, both of which are quite frankly fucking obscene.

It’s a point I make fairly regularly on here, but it’s worth repeating constantly, those two are the greatest players that have ever played the game, by miles, and are now beyond comparison with any other player. Their consistency of performance and normalisation of what previously was considered impossible for a footballer is incredible. We’re genuinely lucky to have the opportunity to be able to watch both as often as we do.

Summed up perfectly.  We're talking about 2 players who since the turn of the decade have only once each failed to score over 50 goals in a calendar year, they got 45 and 48 respectively. 

Between the two of them, they've re-written the book on what is achievable in the sport. 

On 14/01/2018 at 10:19, J_Stewart said:

Second greatest. Ronaldo has a career (club and international) goals to games ratio of 0.72 and Messi’s is 0.81, both of which are quite frankly fucking obscene.

It’s a point I make fairly regularly on here, but it’s worth repeating constantly, those two are the greatest players that have ever played the game, by miles, and are now beyond comparison with any other player. Their consistency of performance and normalisation of what previously was considered impossible for a footballer is incredible. We’re genuinely lucky to have the opportunity to be able to watch both as often as we do.

Tbh I get fed up of people spouting utter pish like this.  It's just simple ignorance of football history.  Off the top of my head you might want to look up gerd Muller and Pele's stats, both of whom outscored both Messi and Ronaldo.

Messi is the best player ever, but to suggest either is anywhere near the best goalscorer ever is simple ignorance.

On 14/01/2018 at 10:14, highlandcowden said:

I'm hopefully popping my laliga cherry in late February with a long weekend in Valencia, hoping to get Valencia-real sociedad, levante-real betis, villareal-getafe, segunto-otil and,hey why not, Albacete-numancia if the scheduling is kind.

can anyone give me advice on getting tickets while I'm over there? none of these are exactly glamour games so I'm not going on any ripoff tout sites and anyhow I like to actually have a real ticket(its the only souvenier I ever take back from anywhere). Do Valencia or levante have shops in the centre,these are usually a good bet?

Valencia just go to the stadium, ticket office is on the right corner of the main stand.  Villarreal have a club shop in the town centre or you can get tickets at the ground on the day.  Levante likewise.  You will have no problems getting tickets for any of these games and will just get ripped off if you buy them over here.

On 1/14/2018 at 10:19, J_Stewart said:

Ronaldo has a career (club and international) goals to games ratio of 0.72 and Messi’s is 0.81, both of which are quite frankly fucking obscene.

On 1/15/2018 at 14:36, Peppino Impastato said:

Tbh I get fed up of people spouting utter pish like this.  It's just simple ignorance of football history.  Off the top of my head you might want to look up gerd Muller and Pele's stats, both of whom outscored both Messi and Ronaldo.

Messi is the best player ever, but to suggest either is anywhere near the best goalscorer ever is simple ignorance.

On 1/15/2018 at 14:56, Peppino Impastato said:

Puskas is another, goal a game his entire career.  That puts Messi and Ronaldo outside the top three at best.

Brian Clough (yup - that one) - nine year professional career at 0.916 goals per game

Edited by Herman Hessian

5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Kocsis - 75 goals in 68 internationals
Puskas - 84 goals in 85 internationals.

Best strike partnerships ever?

Worth a two goal start every game, remarkable.  Football did actually exist before Ronaldo and Messi fanboys

Edited by Peppino Impastato

3 hours ago, capybara said:

Espanyol beat Barca in Copa quarter final 1st leg. Messi misses another penalty. Meanwhile Pique signs contract extension.

Can see Barca playing a stronger starting XI in the second leg and going through.

€500m buyout clause in Pique's contract extension.  :lol:

I actually read a brilliant story about puskas once.  Guy on another forum.

Said he was training with his boys club team in Australia.  This old guy like in his 60s was at the other end of the park mucking about with a ball on his own looking dishevelled in a manky tracksuit.

They were taking the piss out of him laughing etc.  At the end of training their manager called him down and asked the kids while he was walking how many times in a row they thought he could hit the post from 30 yards or whatever.  They were all like none.

The manager stopped him after about 30, the kids were all like who are you what's your name, the manager said you can call him Mr puskas.